cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
SIMBA49
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Bluetooth Peripheral device

HP Recommended
PAVILLION DESKTOP MODEL P7 1254
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device is not installed.
Running a Windows 7 and this is the comes up with exclamation notification.
Anyone know how to resolve this and where to begin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
138,091 92,753 21,318 28,649
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work.

Yes, I do have another idea.  I was able to find what appears to be the correct download for the Windows Mobile Device Center that is described in the link below that Microsoft removed from a 3rd party website.

Description of Windows Mobile Device Center (microsoft.com)

I disassembled the file and it seems genuine to me.  I have zipped up the file, uploaded it to my skydrive folder and shared the link to the my skydrive folder below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=HpQ80T

Download, unzip and run the file labeled microsoft-windows-mobile-device-center.

After you have installed that software, watch the video below for how to install the BT peripheral device.

How to fix missing driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device - YouTube

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the info at the link below is of help to you.

Fix: Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver Not Found on Windows - Appuals.com

Since Microsoft no longer supports Vista and W7, they removed the download to the Windows mobile device center that used to fix most of those missing Bluetooth peripheral device problems.

SIMBA49
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

This didn't work either and tried all 3 methods, have any other ideas ?

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work.

Yes, I do have another idea.  I was able to find what appears to be the correct download for the Windows Mobile Device Center that is described in the link below that Microsoft removed from a 3rd party website.

Description of Windows Mobile Device Center (microsoft.com)

I disassembled the file and it seems genuine to me.  I have zipped up the file, uploaded it to my skydrive folder and shared the link to the my skydrive folder below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=HpQ80T

Download, unzip and run the file labeled microsoft-windows-mobile-device-center.

After you have installed that software, watch the video below for how to install the BT peripheral device.

How to fix missing driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device - YouTube

View solution in original post

SIMBA49
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul Thanks For Your Help All Good

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, and thanks for letting me know that file still fixes the problem.

I will save the file in my bag of tricks to help others that still are having that Bluetooth peripheral device problem on W7.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation