Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-130vx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When starting computer or switching users an error pops up HPOMENCMD.exe system error

"The code execution could not procede because Syncom.dll was not found".  If I X out of it everything works fine.

Says if I reinstall the program it may fix the issue.  What program??   I repaired and reinstalled Omen central but didnt help

Thanks

Tom
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for the response. It’s a desktop tower. It happened after I switched an electrical breaker off which the computer wound up being on. I tried all that you suggested and unfortunately it somehow lost all of my system restore points. Finally I uninstalled the Omen Control software, restarted and reinstalled via link I found on this forum in a different thread.

its working fine now so far. The Omen Control has been buggy in the past so hopefully this does the trick

Thanks!

Tom

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@tpm419

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your notebook is giving an error message "CMD.exe error SynCom.dll "

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made? 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

sfc /scannow

• To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
  • At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:  sfc /scannow

• The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.

System restore

Click here to see this video in full screen on YouTube.

1. Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.

2. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.

3. If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.

4. On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.

5. On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.

6. On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.

7. On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.

8. Click Windows 8, click Windows 8.1, or click Windows 10 as the target operating system.

9. The System Restore window opens.

10. Click Next.

11. Click the Restore Point that you want to use, and then click Next.

The Confirm Restore Point window opens.

12. Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

13. Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

14. System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Let me know how this goes,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for the response. It’s a desktop tower. It happened after I switched an electrical breaker off which the computer wound up being on. I tried all that you suggested and unfortunately it somehow lost all of my system restore points. Finally I uninstalled the Omen Control software, restarted and reinstalled via link I found on this forum in a different thread.

its working fine now so far. The Omen Control has been buggy in the past so hopefully this does the trick

Thanks!

Tom
HP Recommended

@tpm419

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved 😉

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us 🙂

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello again 

Once again I have the dreaded Syncom error on startup. Omen central does work however in controlling lights on front of desktop.  In trying a “ repair” in Programs and features I found the path leads to a temporary folder 

C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\pft455B.tmp\    Guessing this is why it will not repair

I have Omen Central 1.03. I tried reinstalling it several times

Thanks

Tom
HP Recommended

256892C9-4CD8-4014-86FD-A09FC8CC2531.jpeg

Tom
HP Recommended

@tpm419

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with Omen center.

I would suggest you to try a system restore when it was working fine. 🙂

1. Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.

2. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.

3. If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.

4. On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.

5. On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.

6. On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.

7. On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.

8. Click Windows 8, click Windows 8.1, or click Windows 10 as the target operating system.

9. The System Restore window opens.

10. Click Next.

11. Click the Restore Point that you want to use, and then click Next.

The Confirm Restore Point window opens.

12. Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

13. Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

14. System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it’s working fine right now. Where should the files be located because on the repair option  in Programs it shows a path to a temp folder

C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\pft455B.tmp\

Thanks!

Tom
HP Recommended

@tpm419

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern. Since you have re-installed it now, You could check out the same path.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I said, it’s working fine right now but still points to the temp folder. Where should it be in files?

Tom
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.