Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All in One Desktop HP 24xa Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new Pavilion and everything was going well until I used the camera - the quality is so very bad that I think something must be wrong.  I have tried updating the drivers, but no improvement.    The picture is very fuzzy and the colours are not right at all.  Nothing looks stable on the screen. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PM2019 

What is your HP 24xa ? It must be HP Pavilion 24-xasomething,  for example HP Pavilion 24-xa0053w All-in-One desktop:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06120170

Anyway. Firstly the webcam is NOT a camera therefore you won't be able to see its pictures as photos on a normal digital camera due to it has low resolution. Increase light on the object will get more watchable images.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  The machine is an HP All-in-One Pavilion 24-xa1008na.  I used to have an HP laptop years ago and the camera in that didn't seem so dependent on light conditions.   But you're right - with the new PC,  in daylight the camera does gives a better presentation - but it is still too grainy and the picture doesn't seem very stable, if that makes sense.  At night, using ordinary artificial light, it's pretty bad.  I think I would probably need photographic lighting to get anything like an acceptable overall picture.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.