Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

instead of sending doc to printer to print. I have googled and tried a few ideas that came up but no go. I also checked in the Outlook, Excel and so on in MS Office Pro 2010 with no luck seeing anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated, the wife is getting edgy. I even reloaded the software. And I do believe that this happened after the big update 2 days ago,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ironically, that is what II did for the 2nd time. But I did a complete uninstall all that had to do with both HP Printers. Re installed and had to go through the network setup a few times but finally got both printers working on the wife's computer. I can only imagine that like most of the time someone has a problem with ANY new MS OS update.. The first update my game took a bad turn and with the latest update the wife's computer took it. All up and running fine now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@bugmeso 

Reloading the software is wasting your time -- because printing to file is the default, so a reload is only going to reset the software back to this same default.

Sorry, but we don't have the resources to debug problems with MS Office components -- you will need to go into each component and manually set the print option to something other than the default.  There is nothing we can do from here to change that for you.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Ironically, that is what II did for the 2nd time. But I did a complete uninstall all that had to do with both HP Printers. Re installed and had to go through the network setup a few times but finally got both printers working on the wife's computer. I can only imagine that like most of the time someone has a problem with ANY new MS OS update.. The first update my game took a bad turn and with the latest update the wife's computer took it. All up and running fine now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.