Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All-In-One-PC Model 22-b009
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Can't find "sleep mode" hotkey on Model 22-b009's keyboard ? There is no little moon icon as on my other HP;s keyboard.

Theres lots of small cryptic icons on a lot of the keys, Which one puts it to sleep ?

Thanks SB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just to be clear, and to try and help, the method I provided is not for the power icon..it is for the power button (hardware) on your computer. You can change the setting in power settings so that all you have to do is press it and the computer will go to sleep - just like the moon key.

This picture is from my laptop, but all-in-one should be similar.

power.jpg

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi SnowBird43x80,

I see that you don't have the moon icon for the sleep hotkey. Have you taken a look at our doc on Keyboard Shortcuts, Hotkeys, and Special Keys?

I see an option under "common keyboard shutcuts" that says you can push Alt + F4 (Function key F4) for sleep, but it may need to be set up for use. Please take a look and let me know if this helps. 

Thanks!

Jesyka 🙂

I work on behalf of HP. #HPExpertsDay

Please click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is resolved.

HP Recommended

Not sure there is one... I can't find a picture of the keyboard anywhere. Many desktop PCs and AiOs don't have a sleep button on the keyboard.

But... almost as good as a sleep button is setting the power button to put your computer to sleep. Go into power plans, select your plan and then advanced setting and change the power button behavior to whatever you want.

Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

Yes I have taken a look. I usually exhaust every avenue of information prior to calling for help with the Forum. SB

Thanks for your attention. SB

HP Recommended

My 110-090 Desktop keyboard does have the 1/2 moon sleep button. Some do have those hotkeys,

Thanks anyway SB

HP Recommended

Yes that works but in a labour intensive way ! When on the go...its productive to just hit one key and BOOM...down it goes.

As with the other method of just clicking on the power icon and selecting sleep...still too slow for my taste. Surely my latest model of an HP All-In-One  would have this "one-Key-Feature" ! Come On HP ??

Thanks Jesyka but the resolutions don't work for me. My other HP Desktops have this feature ?? Not this one apparently...glad it's not my confuser !

HP Recommended

Just to be clear, and to try and help, the method I provided is not for the power icon..it is for the power button (hardware) on your computer. You can change the setting in power settings so that all you have to do is press it and the computer will go to sleep - just like the moon key.

This picture is from my laptop, but all-in-one should be similar.

power.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.