Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hii ,

I have a new PC , Envy x360 with i7 - 11th gen .

I can't scan the QR barcode on whatsapp web for some reason.

I tried evreything pretty much, and it is not about the phone cause I did it just now on my Lenovo PC.

If anyone knows how to fix it, 

that will be great.

thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue but can't find any solution yet.

On some other forum i found some was able to scan the QR code in very bright sunlight, I will give it a try but not very hopeful.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the same PC. I cant scan the qr code on whatsapp web. This only happens with whatsapp web, with other qr codes there is no problem.

Please we need a solution asap!!!!

Thanks! Happy new year!!

HP Recommended

I have a temporary solution!!! Whatsap web doenst work in google chrome or internet explorer, but works ok with mozilla firefox.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help!! it works flawlessly on Firefox 🙂

HP Recommended

Om my office laptop elitebook x360 i don't have this problem, on my hp envy x360 I have it too.

I think it has something to do with the graphic card 

HP Recommended

Thanks, it worked!!!

HP Recommended

It works in Chrome with other machines! The manufacturer (or is it chrome developer?) should correct it.

HP Recommended

I agree, HP should do something about this. It's MOST INCONVENIENT to have to have 2 browsers.  Would someone from HP please respond?

HP Recommended

i have the same issue with my pavillion x360 conv ..

seems to be something with  the screen ..

i have tried to update the graphics card from intel  ..

still the same problem ..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.