Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I cannot read .pdf or .pff emails in Windows 7 .  I can read these emails on my laptop in windows xp.  Is there a fix for this problem in windows 7?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Do you have Adobe installed on your computer?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Do you have Adobe installed on your computer?

HP Recommended

karlyjo wrote: I cannot read .pdf or .pff emails in Windows 7 .  I can read these emails on my laptop in windows xp.  Is there a fix for this problem in windows 7?

Hello karlyjo, You will need Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat in order to read pdf files.

You probably have this already on your Windows XP system.

Here  is a link where Adobe Reader can be downloaded. Adobe Reader is free to use.

Just follow the three steps for the download. You can choose either version.

After you download and install Adobe Reader, use Windows Explorer and navigate to a pdf file.

Right click on the pdf file and a window will open that will allow you to select the default application to use when opening  pdf files.

Locate Adobe Reader, highlight this and in the lower left bottom corner of the screen, you should see a small box. Place a check mark in this box to use Adobe Reader for the default application to read pdf files.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, it fixed my problem for the .pdf fils, but not .pff.  any other suggestiions would be welcomed.

Karl

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the help.  I'm sure it will fix the .pdf file problem, any suggestions on reading the .pff files would be greatly appreciated.

karl

HP Recommended

karlyjo wrote: Thank you very much for the help.  I'm sure it will fix the .pdf file problem, any suggestions on reading the .pff files would be greatly appreciated. karl

Hello karlyjo, You might try this free program, Formatta Filler, that is supposed to read pff files.

I have not tried this, so I can't verify it, but this program may be worth a try.

Here  is the link for Formatta Filler.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Why am I having problems gettingy email?

HP Recommended

I have the right adobe installed n my computer, something changed recently when update was performed, I have never had an issue with my pdf files before. I now have some inportant pdf files that I need to open and can't get to them. I was told by PDF support that

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. You can use (http://get.adobe.com/reader/) Adobe Reader (free version) to fill out this form and still use PDF Complete software to create and edit other PDFs.

This has not resolved my issues and was already installed? Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.