Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 8200 Elite Base Model Convertible Minitower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot use the hp support assistant  with my HP 8200 Elite Base Model Convertible Minitower. Chosing Windows as my operating system, windows 10 is not listed as an option. I was wanting to use an automated driver check/update assistant. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, John.

I clean installed W10 on mine, installed 32 GB of memory, a nVidia GT 730 graphics cards and solid state drives.

Both of my 8200 Elite CMT's have the i7-2600 processor.

Both of mine run extremely fast.

They run so well, I can't justify buying a newer model.

I would like the Elitedesk 800 G2, so I will wait until they come down in price, and will get an off lease model on eBay.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since the 8200 Elite is not supported for W10 by HP, so the HPSA will not find any driver updates for it.

The only driver update I can think of that you can find is the W10 realtek audio driver.

You can download that from the link below.   Accept the agreement.  Download and install the 2nd driver on the list and restart the PC.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

Here is HP's support policy regarding W10.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

The 8200 Elite came out in 2011. 

I have two of them, so I am pretty familar with this model.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I have updated the audio driver and all is going well. J ust received the pc and wanted to check on the driver status.  Didn't realize it was that old.  Explains why it is running  slow. Thanks for your help. 

Appreciate it,

John

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, John.

I clean installed W10 on mine, installed 32 GB of memory, a nVidia GT 730 graphics cards and solid state drives.

Both of my 8200 Elite CMT's have the i7-2600 processor.

Both of mine run extremely fast.

They run so well, I can't justify buying a newer model.

I would like the Elitedesk 800 G2, so I will wait until they come down in price, and will get an off lease model on eBay.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.