Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently downloaded some games on my laptop but am unable to move and left click at the same time. I have already started to try to fix this and have tried to stop the palm registration software by changing the values to 0 however this has made no difference in game but am now able to move the cursor while typing but still cant click and type. I made a backup of the original file so if what i have done is wrong i can restore it but a solution to this problem would be great. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Archiv3d 

Can you move and click OK in non-gaming stuff like File Manager and Browsers?

IF so, the most likely issue is that when you are using games, you are running in a full-screen mode and the UI is handled by the gaming software, not by Windows per se.

Your first step should be to determine what video drivers you are running and see if there is a driver update.  AMD and NVidia put out driver updates nearly every week.  So they are worth checking out.

IF that does nothing, then you should check with the support forums for the individual games as they often have in-game settings you can tweak to deal with issues like this.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thankyou but unfortunately i am unable to type and click in any case such as browsing or file  manager however i will still check my drivers to see if they can be updated. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.