Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion power desktop 580-1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cant access ram settings in bios 8399 vF .20 because my ram is at 2133 mhz when its supposed to be at 3200 mhz btw idk if i did somethibg wrong when opening bios or something but i clicked settings update and security then under advanced i clicked restart and then clicked on open bios from there with f10 (sorry if i lack alot of details idk what more to fill in)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Hihihi_ha 

What is your HP pavilion power desktop 580-1xx  machine ? Assuming it has same motherboard of the following machine:

HP Pavilion Power 580-140a

The Basswood machine supports

• Dual channel (1 DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-19200 (DRR4-2400)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

Crucial says the following set will work on your machine

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k8g4dfs824a/ct12094880

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Hihihi_ha -- your motherboard must support "3200" speed. 

Most RAM that is "3200" can also run at slower speeds, such as "2133", as you have observed.

What is the manifacturer and speed of your sticks of RAM?

HP Recommended

I checked the motherboard support and it supports 3200 mhz and the ram is corsair vengeance rgb rs 16 gb (2x8) ram ddr4 3200 mhz

HP Recommended

oh crap sorry i think i miss informed about the motherboard support i remember that i saw 3200 mhz support but i when i rechecked the support i couldnt find 3200 mhz support sorry but i still wanna get access to ram settings bec it still cant reach 2400 which is supported on the motherboard but if u want to get more info u can get more info on this link

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c05633516

HP Recommended

@Hihihi_ha 

What is your HP pavilion power desktop 580-1xx  machine ? Assuming it has same motherboard of the following machine:

HP Pavilion Power 580-140a

The Basswood machine supports

• Dual channel (1 DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-19200 (DRR4-2400)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

Crucial says the following set will work on your machine

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k8g4dfs824a/ct12094880

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.