Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Pro 6000 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A little bit ago, I bought a used Compaq 6000 Pro (SFF) with Windows 10 Pro on it. I realize this is an old system, but I was hoping to upgrade a few parts and maybe do some light gaming on it.

After checking the drivers/BIOS, I realized they were all probably the OEM versions from 2009. I'd rather not download drivers from a non-HP site, and I can't find anything when run the update detection software on my system. Does anyone have BIOS/Driver downloads for the Compaq 6000 Pro that work with Windows 10?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no driver downloads for your PC beyond the ones listed on the support page for W7.

The only driver I know of that you can update is the audio driver, which you can get from the link below.

Accept the agreement.  Download and install the Windows 64 bit driver and restart the PC.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...

If your PC doesn't have the latest BIOS update installed, use the F10 setup BIOS update method to update the BIOS in DOS.

The latest BIOS update can be found under the W7 driver section of the support page.

It is very easy to do and it doesn't matter what operating system is installed.

When you run the BIOS exe file, an information page will open. 

Follow the instructions listed under the F10 Setup BIOS flash option.

HP Recommended

Thanks! The audio update seems easy enough.

Just to make absolutely sure, you're saying I can use these drivers from the computer's Windows 7 (x64) driver page? https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-6000-pro-small-form-factor-pc/4024462/mod...

Sorry- this is probably really stupid to ask, but I've never heard W7 used for Windows 7.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Your PC most likely has newer versions of all drivers installed except for the BIOS update, which you shouldn't try to update in W7.

Use the BIOS method I described earlier.

I have always referred to Windows 7 that way, as I do for W8, 8.1 and W10 as well.

I don't know if anyone else does.  I assume they do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.