Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-af152nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While working on my computer, its just shuts down and restarts again.  Doesn't matter what program i'm using or if I'm on the internet.  It just shuts off and restarts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @burkeboy.  It would have to be in a very dusty environment to need a thorough cleaning this soon.

I suggest that you contact the seller for help.  You should not be having problems with a new computer under any circumstances.  If you bought it from HP Store, you should call HP Customer Service for help.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@burkeboy, welcome to the forum.

The symptoms that you are experiencing are normally caused by heat.  I suggest that you give the computer a thorough cleaning.

Here is the Manual for the computer.  On Page 51 is the section on cleaning the computer.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, the computer is only 1 month old, do you think it still requires a cleaning?

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @burkeboy.  It would have to be in a very dusty environment to need a thorough cleaning this soon.

I suggest that you contact the seller for help.  You should not be having problems with a new computer under any circumstances.  If you bought it from HP Store, you should call HP Customer Service for help.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.