Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Model # 860-180st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got this HP  computer, Model # 860-180st,  no even a month old, the sleep mode was working fine when I got it, but now it won't go in to the sleep mode. I checked everything in Control Panel, power options, so I dont know what is the problem. Any idea folks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jay_101 wrote:

Greetings,

Also check out tips found at this site. It is directed at Win 8.1 but will also help with Win 10.

First generate a Power report. This will tell you what is preventing sleep.

Cheers!

Hello Jay_101,

Thank you for the link, I found  what was preventing the computer to go into sleep mode. It was the srvnet thing.  That link has all the tips and trick to troubleshoot this issue. 

I owe you a lunch.

I contacted HP Support by phone, the call was routed to India, where else? The guy wanted to remote access my computer, I told him no way Jose. Those HP support guys in India are useless. All he wanted was to remote access my computer, since I denied that, he did not want to talk to me anymore.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Good morning @TechAlex, and welcome to the HP Forums! 

I understand your computer will no longer enter sleep mode although it did previously. I see you have the HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 860-180st, and have had it less than a month. Have you added anything new to the computer, changed out keyboards or any other peripherals? I ask because it could be that something is preventing the computer from going into sleep mode. Please use the following document to troubleshoot the issue and let me know the outcome of your efforts: HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎.

Please be sure to include any applicable details to your response and I will gladly do all I can to help if further assistance is required. If on the other hand this helps you to resolve the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below so others can see what worked for you. 

Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Greetings,

Also check out tips found at this site. It is directed at Win 8.1 but will also help with Win 10.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

@Jay_101 wrote:

Greetings,

Cheers!

Hello Jay_101,

Thank you for the link, I found  what was preventing the computer to go into sleep mode. It was the srvnet thing.  That link has all the tips and trick to troubleshoot this issue. 

I owe you a lunch.

I contacted HP Support by phone, the call was routed to India, where else? The guy wanted to remote access my computer, I told him no way Jose. Those HP support guys in India are useless. All he wanted was to remote access my computer, since I denied that, he did not want to talk to me anymore.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome.

Good to hear you solved the problem.

I'll have a burger and an order of fries!

Jay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.