Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cursor keeps flashing in windows 10 and i have to use the ALT key to get it to stop. while it is flashing i can notuse the mouse as the mouse is intended  it sticks  so have to touch alt key to get things to move.

what can i do to solve this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing the requested information. Recommend you run the Power-Troubleshooter available in the Troubleshooting application. You can right-click on the Windows (Start) button and select control panel. 

Refer to this article for assistance. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @Autostylesp1,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with the mouse not working on your computer running on Windows 10. I will be happy to help. 

Could you provide the product number/model of your computer?

Have you installed any 3rd party applications on your computer for controlling the mouse?

Are you using a desktop or a notebook?

Recommend you to install and run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here for assistance. 

Please check for Windows updates in the settings available in the Windows menu. 

Also, refer to HP PCs - Troubleshooting Mouse Problems and HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad

Keep me posted. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

P6020A  is the model number and its a desktop. also when i go to shut it down  for some reason it also restarts instead of shutting down . put mouse on shut down and click , the computer looks to be shutting down  says it is shutting down  and just before power goes off it restarts.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing the requested information. Recommend you run the Power-Troubleshooter available in the Troubleshooting application. You can right-click on the Windows (Start) button and select control panel. 

Refer to this article for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did the power fix and that has helped shut the computer down  thankyou , i will monitor the cursor  flash now to see if that helped in that area as well.

thanks again.

HP Recommended

Am still having problems with the screens not changing quick and at times still needing to touch the alt key to get it to change.

HP Recommended

Cursor is still flashing and now i have screen power flicks  as well, i still have to touch the alt key to move screens 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Recommend you to boot the PC to BIOS by tapping F10 on startup. Check if the screen is flickering in BIOS as well. 

If the screen flickers in BIOS, change the display cable and check. 

If the screen is not flickering in BIOS. Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. 

Even after updating the drivers, if the issue persists, recommend you to perform a Push button reset on the computer without loss of data. Click here for assistance. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.