Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5660 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can't get my cursor to work. Have changed batteries, rebooted, and finally purchased a new cursor. Still doesn’t work.  Can move the cursor around but cannot type info. So cannot even log into PC as it requires that I type password. Am using HP ENVY 5660 all-in-one PC.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dotcomma

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please use the onscreen keyboard and let me know if you are able to log in.

You can refer to the picture below to launch onscreen keyboard during Login. Click the Middle Icon at the bottom right corner at the Login screen

When you say you purchased a new cursor, do you mean the mouse? Did you check with another Keyboard, since the Keyboard is required for typing

Please try getting into the BIOS and let me know if the Keyboard works 

- Shut down the computer and upon restarting keep tapping on F10 till you see System Configuration Menu ( BIOS )

Keep me posted

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, I did mean to say I purchased a new mouse.  I was able to use the onscreen keyboard.  As suggested I restarted the computer and kept tapping the F10 key but BiOS never came up.  Have also tried changing the keyboard and ensuring fresh batteries are installed.  No luck.

HP Recommended

@dotcomma

The problem seems to be with the Keyboard and the issue was never with the mouse.

Please try a different keyboard and check

Thank you 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.