cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Devo2
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

DC 7900 SFF boots up fine, but I cannot get to F10 Computer Settings before it boots up - Windows 10

HP Recommended
DC 7900 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a DC 7900 that boots up into Windows 10 just fine, however, I have been trying to access F10 Computer Settings upon powering up, and I cannot get to it. I have been hitting F10 constantly, but it seems to stop it from booting up, but I never get any screen - the screen will stay black, no HP welcome screen and in fact it will stop booting into Windows 10, so I have to power it down (hold power button for about 5 seconds) and then turn power back on and just allow it to go through the boot up to Windows 10.

I have an HDMI monitor using an HDMI to Display port adapter, and the monitors works just fine when it boots up successfully to Windows 10.

I normally use a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, but I have also tried a wired keyboard just to make sure that its not any issue with the wireless.

I had been able to get to F10 at least about 2 years ago (last time I needed it).

Any help would be very much appreciated as I have looked through many videos and help articles on the net (HP included) but no luck.

Thank You in Advance,

Brian

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,049 26,486 3,092 6,659
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Devo2 

I ran into a similar issue with a new HP laptop a couple of years back.  I could get into the BIOS settings at best, once every five attempts -- it was simply too fast for me to do that reliably.

About all I can suggest is try hitting the Esc key repeatedly, that should not hang the PC like pressing the function keys.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation