Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq CQ2014
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My system is a few years old, and beyond warranty. In the last few months HPSSF at least once a week wants to run at 50% or more of CPU, slowing down or delaying just about everything. I have found Task Scheduler entries for running it in the morning and evening, but given that it is beyond warranty, is it really worth all that energy for it to do things that might not really need to be done anymore? I try to do many of my daily (computer) tasks in the morning, and don't need the aggravation.

R.D. Frable
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

my  computer  does  this  also  sometimes.  i can fix  the  problem  by resetting, i   suppose  i  can  also  delete the  program  completely. i  tried  the  completely delete  and  reinstall  to the  newest version, but  that  didn't  work. i hope hp  fixes their  program; don't  need  to lose a cpu  to  temp  due  to high cpu usage fom bad hpss framework software.  my  fan  and  liquid  cpu  cooling  are  unused in  box  for  6  years  new  and  work  great.  it  runs  at  40c under  a  decent average  workload normally.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob

You really don't need this program.

You are out of warranty.

HP is not updating drivers or software for this product anymore.

You can check for downloadable updates at this HP Support site for your PC.

Grzy

HP Recommended

You're forgetting that HP Solution Center requires HP Support Solutions Framework in order to operate, and I need HP Solution Center to accurately tell me when my ink cartridges in my HP F2210 All-in-One Printer / Fax / Scanner need to be replaced? Other ideas welcome.

R.D. Frable
HP Recommended

Hi Bob

One cannot forget what one does not know.

Grzy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.