Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6200 Pro SFF PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Computer: Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 6200 Pro SFF PC
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 (Sandy Bridge-DT, D2)
3100 MHz (31.00x100.0) @ 1597 MHz (16.00x99.8)
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 1497
Chipset: Intel Q65 (Cougar Point) [B3]
Memory: 4096 MBytes @ 665 MHz, 9-9-9-24
- 2048 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - Nanya Technology NT2GC64B88G0NF-CG
- 2048 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - SK Hynix HMT325U6CFR8C-H9
Graphics: Intel Sandy Bridge-DT GT1 - Integrated Graphics Controller [D2/J1/Q0] [Hewlett-Packard]
Intel HD Graphics 2000, 1843206 KB
Drive: WDC WD2500AAKX-60U6AA0, 244.2 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive: hp DVD-RAM GH80N, DVD+R DL
Sound: Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [B2]
Network: Intel 82579LM (Lewisville) Gigabit Ethernet Controller
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 14393.693 (RS1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows update dtermines the drivers to be instaled. 

I would like to store them locally, but this website only has versions compatible up to Win 8.1. 

Where can I go to find them?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC is not supported by HP for W10.

If any devices need drivers, use the latest drivers for the devices from the support page.

HP Recommended

"Your PC is not supported by HP for W10"

I understand.

"If any devices need drivers, use the latest drivers for the devices from the support page"

Please be more specific.  I'm inquiring here because the support page doesn't offer drivers for my specifications. 

Are you saying I should utilize the HP Support Assistant?

I would like some clue as to where I can go to actually download the drivers.

thanks

HP Recommended

Please let me know how you want me to be more specific.

The HPSA won't do a thing for you, because there are no W10 drivers for your PC.

The HPSA will only provide drivers for the supported operating systems for the model PC you have.

What devices are listed in the device manager that need drivers?

They would be the ones listed under an Other Devices category in the device manager.

You would use the W7/W8/W8.1 drivers on the 6200 Pro support page to install those.

If you let me know the names of these devices, I will provide the links to the drivers you need to install them.

If there are no devices listed in the device manager with the little yellow triangle with a ! mark, then you don't need to install any drivers.

Off the top of my head, you can install the W10 Realtek HD audio driver, which you can get directly from Realtek.

Accept the agreement.  Download and install the 2nd driver on the list (64 bit).

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Definition Audio Codecs

I have the 8200 Elite, which is the upscale model of the 6200 Pro, and I used the W7 drivers from my PC's support page to install the one or two devices that needed drivers after I installed W10.

If you want the drivers from the Windows Update, they can be individually found in the catalog by type.

And I would have no idea how you would go about finding them for a specific model PC.

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

Your PC's support page already has every driver that would work on W10, even if windows update didn't install any.

Our PC's use the same drivers, so you would just install the latest driver on the support page for each device, if in theory windows update didn't work anymore.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.