Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G4 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have this computer, HP ProDesk 400 G4, and I am trying to create a RAID system, but option RAID does not appear on BIOS. I have updated the BIOS to the last one available on HP drivers product webpage.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Does the option 'AHCI' appear anywhere?

Can that option be changed to 'RAID' or to 'AHCI/RAID' ?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Has anyone resolved this issue? I have the same computer and if i press F3 to enter in 3rd Party Option ROM Management i can see both of HDDs but there is no option to configure RAID1. Also, SATA Mode appear there to be set on AHCI and i can't change this option.

In BIOS Setup Menu isn't an option to change from AHCI to RAID or RAID+AHCI.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I haven't resolved the problem, I couldn't use RAID on this system, my solution was buy a new computer, this was a problem on my company, so it was the best for us.

Sorry about that.

Regards.

HP Recommended

FlorinV@  wrote:

Has anyone resolved this issue? I have the same computer.

If i press F3 to enter 3rd Party Option ROM Management i can see both  HDDs but there is no option to configure RAID1. Also, SATA Mode appear there to be set on AHCI and i can't change this option.

In BIOS Setup Menu there isn't an option to change from AHCI to RAID or RAID+AHCI.

There do exist add-in PCI/PCI-E cards that have two SATA ports, and do support RAID.  Very inexpensive, when compared to replacing the computer.

HP Recommended

Yeah, it is an option. But in our case, we used this computer to another user, and we bought a new computer. For use was the easier and faster solution.

Regards.

HP Recommended

I haven't resolved the problem ...

my solution was ... 

Please click "Accept As Solution", to indicate that you don't need more assistance with your problem.

HP Recommended

mdklassen, if i add an Intel Optane memory module can i resolve this issue?

HP Recommended

if i add an Intel Optane memory module can i resolve this issue?

Reference; https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/optane-memory.html

This seems to be a SSD device.  Unless your motherboard supports 'RAID', all this Optane will do is to make disk Input/Output faster.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.