3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Enable RAID on HP ProDesk 400 G4

HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G4 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have this computer, HP ProDesk 400 G4, and I am trying to create a RAID system, but option RAID does not appear on BIOS. I have updated the BIOS to the last one available on HP drivers product webpage.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does the option 'AHCI' appear anywhere?

Can that option be changed to 'RAID' or to 'AHCI/RAID' ?

0 Kudos
FlorinV
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Has anyone resolved this issue? I have the same computer and if i press F3 to enter in 3rd Party Option ROM Management i can see both of HDDs but there is no option to configure RAID1. Also, SATA Mode appear there to be set on AHCI and i can't change this option.

In BIOS Setup Menu isn't an option to change from AHCI to RAID or RAID+AHCI.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
alex_traver-1
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I haven't resolved the problem, I couldn't use RAID on this system, my solution was buy a new computer, this was a problem on my company, so it was the best for us.

Sorry about that.

Regards.

mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FlorinV@  wrote:

Has anyone resolved this issue? I have the same computer.

If i press F3 to enter 3rd Party Option ROM Management i can see both  HDDs but there is no option to configure RAID1. Also, SATA Mode appear there to be set on AHCI and i can't change this option.

In BIOS Setup Menu there isn't an option to change from AHCI to RAID or RAID+AHCI.

There do exist add-in PCI/PCI-E cards that have two SATA ports, and do support RAID.  Very inexpensive, when compared to replacing the computer.

0 Kudos
alex_traver-1
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah, it is an option. But in our case, we used this computer to another user, and we bought a new computer. For use was the easier and faster solution.

Regards.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I haven't resolved the problem ...

my solution was ... 

Please click "Accept As Solution", to indicate that you don't need more assistance with your problem.

0 Kudos
FlorinV
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

mdklassen, if i add an Intel Optane memory module can i resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if i add an Intel Optane memory module can i resolve this issue?

Reference; https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/optane-memory.html

This seems to be a SSD device.  Unless your motherboard supports 'RAID', all this Optane will do is to make disk Input/Output faster.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation