Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All inOne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a recent software upgrade I somehow lost a functional keyboard . It is now permanently disabled . I have done a system restore and tried using so called free fixes to no avail HELP!  I'd like my keyboard back A.s.a.p. Please send me  a fix for this issueThanks in advance . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @WREKER

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to use the keyboard with your computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

May I know the model number of your computer?

Are you using a USB keyboard or a wireless keyboard?

Have you tried the keyboard on another computer?

If you are using a wireless keyboard, please try the steps suggested in this HP Article

For wired keyboard, please try the steps suggested in this HP Article

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @WREKER

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to use the keyboard with your computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

May I know the model number of your computer?

Are you using a USB keyboard or a wireless keyboard?

Have you tried the keyboard on another computer?

If you are using a wireless keyboard, please try the steps suggested in this HP Article

For wired keyboard, please try the steps suggested in this HP Article

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello ,

The computer I have is an HP 23-r110, running Windows 10, 64 Bit, version 1703, build number  15063.447.

After going at it longer with the troubleshooting utility it seems that the Text Service Framework isn't running and I don't know how to get it back on . Any and all assistance you can provide will be most appreciateed. I look forward to your reply . 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the keyboard is working now. For me to be able to assist you with Text service Framework, request you to provide a screenshot so that I can assist you. 

Make sure all the Windows updates are installed. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.