Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem but the fans got back to normal speeds after ejecting and re-inserting the power supply. After a couple of days, however, the problem came back and ambient temperature in BIOS again shows 0 degC. I don't know whether it's a problem of the thermistor or the motherboard but I ordered the cable from ebay and will replace it. Are there any instructions available for changing the front cable assembly?

Thanks,

Johan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I replaced the front I/O assembly, which supposedly includes the ambient temperature sensor, and the ambient temperature now shows up correctly in BIOS (23 degC currently), and the fans no longer spin at full speed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @raffen,

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer where the fan is running too fast, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Are you using a desktop or a notebook?

May I know the operating system installed on your computer?

Assuming that you are using a notebook, recommend you try the steps suggested in this HP Article

If you are using a desktop, try the steps suggested in this HP Article

Keep me posted. Good Luck. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The product number is FG632EC and it is a desktop with Win10 installed. The ambient temperature reading in BIOS says 0 degC so, according to another thread, the sensor is broken, hence the full speed of the chassis fans.

HP Recommended

I replaced the front I/O assembly, which supposedly includes the ambient temperature sensor, and the ambient temperature now shows up correctly in BIOS (23 degC currently), and the fans no longer spin at full speed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.