Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 500B MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI I CHANGED 2 PC S,BOTH SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE PROCESSORS Q8300 WITCH ARE NOW IN ONE THE OTHER WONT ACCEPT I CANT GET THE HP ASSISTANT TO DO ANYTHING BUT GO ROUND IN CIRCLES AND END UP IN A SALES PITCH THE PC THAT WORKS WITH IT IS HP 500B MT BIOS 6.05 THE OTHER SAME PC BUT THE BIOS ARE 6.06,FIRSTLY WHAT IS FLASHING THE BIOS SEC,HOW AND WHERE DO YOU NORMALLY FIND BIOS IF THE CORE WONT BE  ACCEPTED AND IF YOU USE THE PC WITH THE ORIGINAL CORE TO PRE LOAD WONT BECAUSE THE ASSISTANT ONLY NOW QUESTIONS THE FACT YOU HAVENT GOT ANY COMPONENTS IN THE PC TO OR FOR IT TO PROVIDE THE BIOS FOR AND THEN GOES AROUND IN CIRCLES THE SPEC SAYS ITS A VALID CORE FOR ,THE PC THAT WORKS THE CORE WENT IN NO TROUBLE IVE UP DATED WIN 10 IN THE PC THAT DOESNT WORK WITCH IS NOW IN THE PROCESSES OF 3 TIME ADAY SECURITY AND FRAMEWORK UPDATES 3 TIMES AWEEK ,(1 1/2 WEEKS STILL UPDATING)HOW WOULD YOU GET A BIOS CHANGED IN THE FIRST PLACE ,BOTH PCS BOUGHT SAME DAY SAME SPEC,BIOS,4GB RAM,THE ONLY OTHER DIFFERENCE IS ONE HAS A GFORCE 210 TO PUT THE COLOUR OPTIONS BACK IN THEY TOOK OUT AT MANUFACTURING, HOW DO THE BIOS CHANGE LIKE THAT EITHER ITS THANKFULLY FOR 1 OR TOTALLY MIFFED THAT 1 DOESNT WORK THE Q8300 QUAD CORE NOW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI,firstly look at your ram sticks,check they are both the same and are 4 gb running,see if they are Korea 07 2gb 2Rx8  PC3-10600U-9-10-BO, ive tried other ram sticks i just get 2 tone beeps except for the one just mentioned,there has to bee 2gb each max 2 sticks(obviously)but 4 gb is min and 2 of the ones mentioned,plus they could be other types,ie same model Korea 08or 09 perhaps or even Korea 03 but i know the ones above they work,i thought after trying so many things that i had put the wrong core back in when the beeps didnt ring so cheap as well brilliant upgrade,in the beginning it may stutter then fling the processes out instantly a site to be seen in its self but mine disappeared after the first day now work as it should little interference other than waiting for internet channels but nothing new there ,hope it helps ,bye.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HI,firstly look at your ram sticks,check they are both the same and are 4 gb running,see if they are Korea 07 2gb 2Rx8  PC3-10600U-9-10-BO, ive tried other ram sticks i just get 2 tone beeps except for the one just mentioned,there has to bee 2gb each max 2 sticks(obviously)but 4 gb is min and 2 of the ones mentioned,plus they could be other types,ie same model Korea 08or 09 perhaps or even Korea 03 but i know the ones above they work,i thought after trying so many things that i had put the wrong core back in when the beeps didnt ring so cheap as well brilliant upgrade,in the beginning it may stutter then fling the processes out instantly a site to be seen in its self but mine disappeared after the first day now work as it should little interference other than waiting for internet channels but nothing new there ,hope it helps ,bye.

HP Recommended

after going through all the useless thing s and round in circles with hp to find out that 2 rams that work the pc s in both original spots didnt work as one with the other  or a combo of them selves ive just tried either mixes in either slot just got beeps on them (anyone know why)so now the things is a rest ,just a matter of finding the same ram sticks thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.