Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Dell Latitude 5480
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a new (used) laptop with Windows 10 (64 bit), and my D2530 printer doesn't work. The HP Scan Doctor sends me to the available download :

Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution

Install the HP Printer Driver and Software provided within your operating system.

Learn more

but the "Learn more" sends me to some kind of manual set-up. The Windows options list does not include the D2530 printer.

Is there any other way to get the necessary software for my printer to work?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MattF2 -- from the HP web-page: HP Deskjet D2530 Printer Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

expand the "diagnostic" section, to see the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.

Try installing and running that software.

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding. I expanded and downloaded the expanded file. The error was " Extraction failed. 'Cannot delete output file' ".

Again, thanks for responding. If you do have any other suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

HP Recommended

@MattF2 --  I expanded and downloaded the expanded file. 

Strange.  I downloaded the file, and then double-clicked on it, to launch it, and watched it "self-extract" and then run -- no need for me to do any "extract" step.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.