Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP T540 Thin Client
Linux

So, we are trying to roll out a new bios update to our HP T540s in our organization and are encountering an issue where we are getting this message:

2021-12-07 16:01:41

[Error code: 1071104] [Module: Agent] [Category: Other file transfer protocol related error]

dlaufer01_1-1639069158771.png

If anyone has any suggestions, that'd be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Just Guessing:  One of your certificates expired.  For me it was "DST Root CA X3" which expired 9/30/2021

I edited ca_bundle.crt and removed it.

Have no idea where your certs are stored as above was windows.

HTH

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

Hello @Dlaufer,

What HPDM version are you using ? Please test and confirm the Repository test for HTTPS and others pass without errors. Have you tried sending the Agent update to the unit prior to sending BIOS update. If not please send it and check if the error persist on the Agent update task as well. If yes then the issue is at the repository configuration . It looks like you downloaded the BIOS update from the HPDM Update center, hence there should not be any errors on the task template. 

**Click the thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Currently using HPDM 5.0.7 and for that HTTPS test is that under Administration in Configuration Management? Just making sure if that's the correct one. I ran that test and it said that it did contact HP file server. I also tried to send an Update Agent template, but it also says that it failed. So, I'm wondering if it has something to do with updating the Certs.

HP Recommended

I checked the certificate that we used. It's a root certificate that's valid until 2029, so it's still good. Not quite sure why it's not liking it though.

HP Recommended

Lets make sure the HPDM is configured correctly 
1: Go to Administration>> Gateway Authentication >> (Enter the same password used to login into HPDM) >> Highlight the HPDM Gateway 
- if it shows Access Status = Unknown
- highlight the Gateway and click on "Acknowledge" and close. 

2: To test the HTTPS Repo
- go to Gateway's & Repositories 
- Click Repositories on the left hand side and then double click on the Repository you want to test. If you only have the master repository configured then you will only see 1 line there.
- On the next popup Window. click the last option on left hand side "Summary" and click on "Test Repository"
- If the test passed, then try to send the Agent update again. 
There could also be issues with the Windows firewall on the Windows Sever. Please test HPDM with Windows Firewall turned off.  
kindly refer the page 24-25 to find the ports used by HPDM for communication 

https://ftp.ext.hp.com/pub/hpdm/Documentation/AdminGuide/5.0/HP_Device_Manager_5.0.4_Administrator_G...

If the issue still persist please reach out to HP Thin client support to help you configure the HPDM correctly. 

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

The test passed and I did Acknowledge the gateway just now. However, it is still throwing errors. I did realize that I was not looking at the correct cert and saw in the HPDM Configuration Manager that I got this error when I looked inside the included cert:

"This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store."

Not quite sure what cert I should replace it with or what I should do with it. Do I have to do anything with local user certificates on the thin clients themselves? We only applied the root cert so far, but was not sure if we needed to add the user certs as well.

HP Recommended

The HTTPS Server Certificate the comes with HPDM5 does not need a replacement since it does not need to be installed on a device. This is not used for a web browser, but only used to transfer files between HPDM and Thin client securely. If you are planning to replace the HTTPS Certificate, kindly refer to the HPDM 5.0.4 Admin guide for the steps. I would still suggest to get in touch with the Thin Client Support to have a better look at it since this error could be due to some other issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.