Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Model 3ZD97EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to download the drivers for my new HP 290 G1 Small Form Factor desktop PC model 3ZD97EA#ABU i5 8500

The HP website Support pages detects my PC correctly but when I click on the resultant image to load the available drivers, I just get the circulating icons going round and round and round and......  It says wait up to 3 minutes, it could take a while to load but I have waited well over half hour and still nothing.  I have been trying for several days over the past week in case of server errors but still nothing.  I can load pages of drivers for other models, just not mine.   I can even do a Google Search of other models directly to HP drivers pages but there's nothing to be found for mine.  I'm starting to think maybe they don't exist?

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Welcome to the forum @Legsmaniac

Try this one.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-290-g1-microtower-pc/16665152

Try with IE or Chrome???

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick reply and the welcome. 🙂

Yes, I have come across that one via a Google search and it's the wrong machine.  Deffo the wrong/different drivers.  My audio is Realtek and that one is Connexant for example. Very similar to look at but the SFF machine I have is nearly half the size of that one.

And I've tried with Chrome (my usual default fave), IE and (spits) Edge.  Always the same problem.  Likewise, I've even tried on my laptop.  Same.

😞

HP Recommended

Had a similar problem today getting the graphics to work on this machine. Couldn't find the 290 on their site so I used the graphics driver for the last gen machine (sp94923)

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-280-g3-small-form-factor-pc/19960950/s...

HP Recommended

That link is for version 25.20.100.6446 of the Intel High-Definition (UHD) Graphics Driver.

I'm using version 25.20.100.6577.  It's available from the Intel website.

Installed automatically on mine since I installed Intel Driver & Support Assistant a while back.

Updates and keeps updated all Intel devices (of which there's 5)

None of which has solved my original problem which is sound related but hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.