Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0106au
Microsoft Windows 11

I am trying to install HPSA for Windows and encountering following error during install  ... "failure to extract cab".   I download the exe first from Australia (en-au), then tried US site ... same error both times.  Have deleted the folder in SWSetup, but still no luck doing the install

Also it should be noted that Microsoft Edge markes the downloaded executable as "possibly unsafe" - I think HP should really register their apps with MS.  I switched to Chrome to download the exe.

The reason I am trying to install HPSA is that , after every update check, it started to keep telling me I needed to restart to complete installation.  But restarting did nothing, and message would always show after I searched for updates in HPSA.  So I uninstalled it (via Windows)  and am now trying to install latest version from HP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did the test yesterday, as you can see, with the same file sp138267
unzipped with 7-zip
and no problem
A problem may be with your download...
try another browser, maybe you can download it from someone to see?

[edit]

with this one it s ok  ?

HP Support Assistant

9.7.433.0 Rev.A162.2 MBMay 13, 2021Download
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

hi

you try this one ?

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

https://ftp.ext.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp138001-138500/sp138267.exe

if cannot be extracted, try with
https://www.7-zip.fr/

right click on the downloaded file, show more options
7-7zip, extract the files.. ok
open the folder
then use setup.exe

extarction.gif

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks - I downloaded again from that ftp link and unzip the .exe using "Nana Zip" (a fork of 7-zip).

(I notice during Unzip it does give a "checksum" error)

When I run setup (as administrator) ... it gives me this uninformative error "-2" as below and does not install ....Screenshot 2022-05-27 113034.jpg

HP Recommended

I did the test yesterday, as you can see, with the same file sp138267
unzipped with 7-zip
and no problem
A problem may be with your download...
try another browser, maybe you can download it from someone to see?

[edit]

with this one it s ok  ?

HP Support Assistant

9.7.433.0 Rev.A162.2 MBMay 13, 2021Download

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thanks for confirming the steps.   All good now  - as suggested I downloaded to my phone via mobile (just in case my internet provider had cached a corrupt copy) - then copied from phone to my PC.  Also just in case, I ran "sfc /scannow" and dism /restorehealth.

Then unzipped the exe and this time setup ran fine.  

HP Recommended

GreatExcellentGIF.gif

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I just tested by downloaded again through the browser, and used 7-zip "test archive" ... sure enough the one downloaded through the browser is showing checksum errors -the one downloaded via phone is not.

One thing I else I noted  ... whenever I download the file through browser (Edge) ... Microsoft is warning me the file is  "not commonly downloaded" and to "make sure you trust it".   I must go into this warning actively select "keep" (otherwise it will delete the file).   I wonder if that is corrupting the download or leaving it incomplete.  It seems odd that Microsoft does not recognise files downloaded from hp.com as inherently safe.  

HP Recommended

coool

merciiiii

HP Recommended

😉

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.