Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Power 15.6 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC (33D88AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Image Assistant 5.1.6 is suggesting ten drivers that appear to already be installed on my Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1 laptop.  I've tried running HP Support Assistant and this tells me that all drivers are up to date.

A specific example is that HPIA is suggesting sp142300 Intel WLAN driver version 22.160.0.3.  If I try to install this, it goes to a command prompt window for less than a second and then a web page appears saying the driver install passed.  After rebooting and running HPIA again, the same driver is recommended.  Afterwards, if I go to the Windows Device manager and check the driver version for the WLAN card, it is showing that it is already at the current version 22.160.0.3.

At this point, I don't trust the device driver suggestions that HPIA is recommending.  Anyone have ideas on how to get HPIA working properly?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@user1249419 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Generally, the only "fix" -- likely already tried --

Assuming your BIOS is updated already, perhaps Run Windows Updates

Uninstall the HPIA from it's current location in SWSetup

Restart the computer and sign in

Download Install a fresh copy of the HPIA

Reference

HP Image Assistant (HPIA)

As to not trusting it, sure - makes sense.

No, I don't have a way to convince you otherwise.

Software is rarely perfect - use your best judgement.

I will load up the 5.1.6 version and take a look -- I have a different Zbook (Fury 17 G8) -- if I see anything substantive, I will post back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks.  My BIOS was updated last week.  I could not find an uninstall procedure for HPIA, but I did delete the SP142446 runtime folder and reinstalled HPIA.  Same results with recommendations still showing ten drivers that should already be installed.

HP Recommended

@user1249419 

Yes,  when a "new" version of the HPIA is available, it normally installs into SWSetup.

When the same version needs to be removed, remove the folder from SWSetup > Restart > Reload / Load the install package.

I did not find anything useful -- my "unattended" NVidia update did not load during the first run (with several other packages, also unattended) - Restarting and rerunning the update again (via HPIA > Download and Install setting) and another Restart seems to have done the trick to install that stubborn package.

Yes, interestingly, the NVidia still shows as needing to update in HPIA.

??

So, not sure.

Checking Downloads/HP ZBook Fury 17.3 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC/ has so far not shown anything surprising...

If you have it, try running HPIA version 5.1.3, I guess.

?

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I could not find a link to download and try the older 5.1.3 version of HPIA.

Interestingly, the NVIDIA Video Driver and Control Panel version 517.13 driver is one of the drivers listed in my recommendations that will not update also.  Sounds similar to your setup.  Thanks for checking.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.