Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
24es
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a new PC (MSI Modern 14) which I wanted to connect to my HP 24es monitor. I found useful on my previous PC the "My Display" software to quickly adjust the brightness, contrast and colour balance.

Going to the 24es Support webpage, I noticed that this software is no longer available for downolad, and doesn't seem to be replaced by a newer one.

Thus I recovered the software CD supplied with the monitor, and there found the My Display software version 2.10. The installation on Windows 64 bit was successful, but

• Once opened, the program crashes just after displaying the big blue circle of "loading", before showing the GUI
  • The autostart entry upon Windows login is not added, while in my old PC it used to start up at every boot.

I just ask you which could be the reason for the crash, and which is the destiny of HP My Display, it seems disappeared from the products webpages. Am I obliged to make the adjustments via OSD from now on?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @sim_ono

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Kindly install the driver for the monitor from HP Support site.

Click here to download the file.

Check if the app works in safe mode: click here for details on how to access it.

If it works fine on safe mode, there could be another application that's conflicting and we'll need to find that particular app by disabling all startup items using the system utility:
Click here for details look for instructions to get to the screen shown in the below image:

If it doesn't work on safe mode either, this could be an issue with the user account, please create a new admin account and check if that works:
Click here for details on how to create a new account.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.