Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Proliant Microserver N40L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have recently had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on My Media server.

Windows 10 does not seem to detect/load the required onboard Network Card Drivers?

I have no Network Card lights showing with Network cable plugged in. 

I have been able to continue the Win 10 install using USB Wi-Fi adaptors but this is not suitable for playing media? I have also tried USB2 to RJ45 without success.

I have an Nvida 640 video card so would be unable to install USB 3 PCI for the RJ45 Adaptor.

Is their some other drivers I need to download/install to enable detection of the onboard NIC?

I have used the media server for a few years on current setup using onboard nic and did have running on win 7 then upgraded to win 10 without any problems.

Assistance with Advice, Location of relevant Drivers would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there MarkBarnes Welcome to your forum!:  my suggestion is that you go to www.iobit.com to download a nifty app known as "Driver Booster" & install it to your computer.

Once installed it'll find whatever componentry that resides there and will match what you have to appropriate driver including your Network drivers that's gone AWOL/MIA.

if allowed & you check periodically it'll update your hardware with it's matching driver

I currently own a 2010 era Pavilion 410y that due to family matters wasn't allowed to go on line until July of this year as a result I could only update it via the local library which was akin to a dart tournament but the 1st thing I did was to install it & now my PC is up to date & running pretty good

to quote my late mom "Nothing beats a try but a failure"

hope this revives your network

if not please channel the "Governator" proclaiming  "I'll be back!!!

we'll be here waiting for another round of darts except wé intend to win!

if you're here in the US Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!

kingtopcat

HP Recommended

That is some very bad advice, and I will explain why.

Installing a 3rd party application from an unknown source to install drivers can rapidly lead to your system being comprimised.

If you want to install a utility that installs and updates drivers, use something from the same hardware vendor. HP for example, has the HP Support Assistant that will scan your system and keep the drivers up to date.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.