Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP Photosmart (which had always been OK) recently exited when scrolling up through photos, so I uninstalled it.

All my other software including Paint, Photo Gallery and Windows Photo Vierer - plus the other 3 items  in the relevant HP system still work OK.

Please advise how I might download HP Photosmart to replace the uninstalled one in the 4 part HP system.

My computer is HP Model Number s5705UK with 22" HP Monitor

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Apologies for my previous response.

The actual name of the software is HP MediaSmart Photo, which I have just found searching the web. It downloaded without any problem and launches OK. After rebooting, it is now within the HP MediaSmart suite as before.

Please also see my esponse and apology to wb2001 yesterday.

Problem solved.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Is this what you are seeking?

http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/photo-creations.html

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

No. . . the website that you provided is not what I require.

I just want HP Photosmart download, as requested in my note.

HP Recommended

You are going to need to identify it by a better name, then.  The Photosmart name is associated with printers.  Is that how it came to be on the computer?  You can reload  some software from within the Recovery Manager, if it came preinstalled from the factory.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks, but it is known as HP Photosmart and came with the original PC, as part of the four part suite that includes  Music, DVD's and Videos.

I don't have recovery files (other than complete PC recovery), so I only want the HP download.

If you cannot advise on that, then please don't send any further messages.

HP Recommended

@Bill007,

When requesting assistance,  it is always helpful if you know the EXACT name of the program your requesting. Taking an attitude, belittling @TheOldMan for asking a simple question is impolite, and rather tacky.

If the program you really desire is HP Photosmart Essentials , here it is.   Either way, @TheOldMan did not desire your tirade.  The vast majority of the respondents on these forums are volunteers . 

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your kind response. Firstly I would like to apologise for my previous remarks, in which I didn’t mean to offend, only to reduce unhelpful replies.  I now realise my reply was inappropriate.

I clicked on your link to Photosmart Essentials, only to find the same site provided by The Old Man, i.e. HP Photo Creations. I checked my Programs list and see the remaining 3 items in the HP suite where I deleted the Photo   one, are listed as HP MediaSmart DVD, HP MediaSmart Smart Menu and HP MediaSmart Video,

The HP MediaSmart Smart Menu is the one that brings up the little window to choose within the selection.

Unfortunately I don’t have the name of the Photo   part of the suite (which I seem to recall was PhotoSmart), as I uninstalled it because of the fault.

I tried unsuccessfully online to locate the actual missing software. Does this mean it is superseded with HP Photo Creations?

Your advice would be appreciated, as I liked the original edit facility and don’t require all the additional facilities that are listed in HP Photo Creations.

HP Recommended

Apologies for my previous response.

The actual name of the software is HP MediaSmart Photo, which I have just found searching the web. It downloaded without any problem and launches OK. After rebooting, it is now within the HP MediaSmart suite as before.

Please also see my esponse and apology to wb2001 yesterday.

Problem solved.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.