Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-a0005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Similar other posts on here, I cant get HP Support assistant to load fully, after install it connects then I just get a spinning circle, I have uninstalled and re-install this so many times now, but each time it displays my icon and part of my account menu bar, but just wont load the main screen. 

On top of this, my device driver is reporting a 

USB Mass Storage Device has the following error.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

This has been reported to HP, however they would not do a remote session to trouble shoot and suggested I blow away all my Windows and reinstall again (which since I have had this PC - this has been done numerous times since i had it - no other PCs I own have to have this amount of reinstalls!)
My suspicion is that its  the SD card Reader, which is allowing me to read SD cards fine, but wont format them at all, but the SD cards used are working 100% fine and are being formatted perfectly in all my other PCs and computers. I plug in a separate USB Card Reader everything is fine, so my suspicion is it a real hardware fault, since I have hardly ever used the SD card reader until recently, and after 2-3 uses its now exhibiting the error (I have also reinstalled drivers and latest versions).

For both these issues I need an HP Support technician to remote access my PC and trouble shoot the HP Support Assistant and hardware issue (NOTE: I have download the HP Hardware applications, but this fails to report any errors, which is not surprising if the driver is failing to load! 

Seriously I have been doing everything and I had posted about this in another thread and tried everything, I have even unplugged ALL USB devices and the error remains. 

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@Chris_King

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region and our support engineers should be able to remote into your notebook and sort this out

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, I had raised this as a query with a HP support agent about a month ago, but they were not interested or would not even attempt to do a remote session to trouble shoot the HP Support Assistant or the USB driver issue, and suggested 

1. I back up Windows then reinstall it from scratch

2. I go to the shop I bought it from and get them to deal with the issue. 

The problem with option 1, is I have installed Windows on here numerous times when it gets messed up, and my thoughts here are if this is a genuine hardware fault on the SD card reader, reinstalling Windows will not resolve the issue and be a massive time waster and  lot of hassle for no reason.

The problem with option 2 is that the PC was bought a few years back and is on 3 year extended warranty, the shop it was bought from no longer sells this model of HP PC, so I am not sure it will be much help, and the chances are even if I did they would probably remove my PC erase everything and reinstall it again, so we could be back to option 1 here. 

What is clearly needed is a HP Support agent to host a remote session to trouble shoot and fix HP Support Assistant and troubleshoot the driver/hardware issue, if it turns out to be a hardware, i just need a new/replacement SD card reader and i am perfectly able to swap this out myself, if its proved to be a Windows issue, then I would obviously be prepared to back up and install Windows again.

HP Recommended

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

HP Recommended

Thanks KrazyToad, 

I must be doing something wrong on the link 

as when i click it.. I get

Oops!

We can't find that page, but here's the good news - we've got other ways to find what you need.

HP Recommended

Not doing too well (again) with HP Support who I contacted since the post above
1, Didn't start by trying to do a fix on HP support Assistant

2. Apart from a PC reboot and into the bios there were NO  tests to check the SD card reader, so even though System Board passed, it didn't actually check if it was a hardware failure. 

Offered to host a remote session using my own Zoom licensed account, but each time that was just ignored in chat, additionally the Support Agent was juggling "other tickets" so had no time to deal with my issue on its own, so i had to wait around in between each response whilst he messaged others he was dealing with. 

I had also requested a response for Tuesday after 5pm as i was not free till then, but the support agent was messaging me Sunday (despite the fact I was not free).
Supplied a link to the wrong Bios Update for my Product/Serial Number,
Supplied a link to a SD card reader which was installed ok, but made no difference and the problem still remained. 

HP Recommended

Asked for Ticket number, to which I was told sure, will get for me, then responded with "unable to give you ticket number" so please contact again.

Not exactly the most helpful support, but this is what happened last time i tried.

HP Recommended

@Chris_King

I recommend you uninstall the HP support assistant from your computer and then download and install it from the below link and check.

http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/pl...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi 

Done this about 6 times and even put an older version back in and then updated it from that and still no joy 😞 

Chris

HP Recommended

I am getting the same thing as you. I have reinstalled it 3 times already today so you are not alone.

Don

Don
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.