Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support assistant shows storage.

I have 2 drives: drive 1 is C (OS) and drive 2 is G (Games)

Assistant seems to focus on drive 2

There is no way I can see any info for disc 1. clicking 'schijf 1' or 'schijf 2' on the upper left does nothing.

bug ?

fro1_0-1597859183566.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Prométhée,

This is becoming real funny.

I uninstalled (and choose to remove all settings). Reinstall did not solve the issue

Uninstalled again and installed version '8' (simply open up the SWSetup folder and run the HPSA8 setup

In version 8 the Storage is displayed correctly! (2 internal drives and 1 external drive are displayed)

HPSA tells me there is an updated version (yes we know), So I let HPSA run it's own updater

Upgrade completes succesfully and in version '9' the storage is wrong again.

So finally done with it. HPSA is offically removed from my PC now

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
I do not know if I understood well
But if you have several discs, we must have the information of all the discs, when we click on it
An example :

Annotation 2020-08-20 183532.png

Annotation 2020-08-20 183533.png

Annotation 2020-08-20 183534.png

try reinstalling the app maybe!

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

hello Prométhée,

You did understand correctly! I have 2 drives and HP Assistant shows 2 drives, but... it only displays the details of the second drive. When I click on 'disc 1' it shows the details of disc2 and when I click on disc 2 it show the info of disc 2 (at least one is correct 🙂  )

fro1_0-1597942504874.png

fro1_2-1597942570923.png

Already have the latest version of HP Assistant (ver 9.6.703.0)

At least this behaviour is consistent with the main 'overview  page'  in which I only see half of the total storage

fro1_3-1597942975539.png

But I definitively  do have two discs

fro1_4-1597943112889.png

disc 1 (or disc 0 ) is not visible....  very special since HP Assistant itself is installed on this disc......

Just found a possible cause: Hp Site offers assistant version 9.6.605. I have 9.6.703 ánd W10 product version 2004.

It could just be a version conflict. HP Assistant might not be  up to date for W10/2004.

HP Recommended

What you tell me is curious
"Just found a possible cause: Hp Site offers assistant version 9.6.605. I have 9.6.703 and W10 product version 2004.
It could just be a version conflict. HP Assistant might not be up to date for W10 / 2004. "
I downloaded and installed the version available here yesterday:

https://www8.hp.com/fr/fr/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html
and it's 9.6.605
windows 2004 (19041,450)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, the official download is 9.6.605.

But when you have Windows update its apps from the store you get a new version. (9.6.703)

In my case both 9.6.605 and 9.6.703 display incorrect storage.

But never mind. It's not a big issue

HP Recommended

Ok thanks for the information
it's odd that hp does not offer the latest version on its own site ..
I will test to see

[edit] good and fine with the latest 705 it works for me
still try to completely uninstall the app!
Download the previous version from the hp site, and test, before updating!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi Prométhée,

This is becoming real funny.

I uninstalled (and choose to remove all settings). Reinstall did not solve the issue

Uninstalled again and installed version '8' (simply open up the SWSetup folder and run the HPSA8 setup

In version 8 the Storage is displayed correctly! (2 internal drives and 1 external drive are displayed)

HPSA tells me there is an updated version (yes we know), So I let HPSA run it's own updater

Upgrade completes succesfully and in version '9' the storage is wrong again.

So finally done with it. HPSA is offically removed from my PC now

HP Recommended

indeed, more recent does not always mean "better"
Well sorry in any case for not having provided a solution for this

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.