Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion PC 570-p0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own four HP devices: a printer, a desktop and two laptops.

Since this week, the HP Support Assistant reports 40+ errors on the two laptops when I'm using the desktop, 40+ errors on the desktop and the other laptop when I'm using the laptop. So even though the machine I'm currently working on is up-to-date, there's a big red exclamation point with errors on the systems I'm not working on. I've cycled through and updated all laptops and desktop, but no success yet. Signing out and in also has no effect. Something wrong with the (central?) database at HP? Something wrong with my account?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Maar10

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand the HPSA app has errors populated on it. I'd be happy to assist you.

If you see an exclamation mark on the HP Support Assistant icon in the taskbar, it means there are updates or messages that need your attention.

Not all updates are necessary; some are simply recommended. You do not have to download and install all updates, however, if you do not, the exclamation mark will continue to show on the HP Support Assistant icon.

1. Open the application, click My devices to see My PC. In this box, there are two options, Updates and Messages, both of which could require attention. You know attention is required if you see an exclamation mark.

Figure : My PC

My PC with Updates and Messages highlighted
  2. Click Updates if it has an exclamation mark next to it. If there is no exclamation mark next to Updates, skip to step 6.

3. From the Updates available section, check the boxes for all the updates, then click Download and install.

Figure : Updates available

Downloading and installing available updates
  4. Follow any on-screen instructions.

5. Click Messages if it has an exclamation mark next to it.

6. In the Messages are available screen, click into the messages to read them. When you are finished, click the  to the right of each message to delete it.

Figure : Messages are available

Deleting available messages
  7. Restart your computer.

The exclamation mark should be gone.

If the issue persists, I suggest to reinstall the app

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

3. Restart your computer to complete the process.

4. Click here to download the latest version of the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Kumar0307. Thanks for your advice. But no success. The problem is different than what you describe.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled HP support assistant. It then gives zero errors/updates for the computer I am working on. However, the moment I connect to my account, it shows almost 100 errors on the other computers that are connected to my account (which I obviously cannot fix from this computer).

So example: I remove and install HP Support Assistant on my Desktop. It then shows 0 updates on my Desktop but 49 updates on my Laptop. When I do the same on my Laptop, it shows 0 updates on my Laptop and 38 updates on my Desktop. Something is broken, and I believe it is in the database on your side.

HP Recommended

@Maar10

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance. Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.