Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Support Assistant and others
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I disposed of the last of my HP printers a long time ago and finally got around to removing all the HP software that had been installed in support of those printers.  I was able to remove half a dozen or so of them but two of them, HP Support Solutions Framework and HP Touchpoint Analytics Client, refuse to be removed, claiming that HP Support Assistant requires them (which is not listed in Programs and Features). HP Support Solutions Framework is listed in Task Manager (I've stopped it) and in Services (I've disabled it), but in spite of those actions refuses to be removed because HP Support Assistant supposedly requires it.

Concurrently with this problem, HP Support Assistant keeps popping up INTERMINABLY, prompting me to update it, and keeps doing so even though I keep closing it and I've told it to NEVER tell me about updates.  

As you've hopefully discerned, I'm at the end of my tether with this.  I no longer have any HP printers yet the associated software not only refuses to be removed but keeps prompting me to update it!!!!!!!!!!!  This is INFURIATING.

Please help ASAP.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Gerry0001, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant because it opens automatically and interrupts other tasks on the computer, then a better alternative is to prevent it from starting automatically (refer to Preventing HP Support Assistant from opening automatically) or adjust the time HP Support Assistant performs tasks (refer to HP Support Assistant interrupts games, movies, or TV). If you still want to uninstall HP Support Assistant or need to uninstall it for troubleshooting purposes, use the following steps:

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure : Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

When the uninstall process is complete, open a Web browser and go to the HP Support Assistant website. Follow these steps to download HP Support Assistant:

1. Click Download HP Support Assistant.

Figure : HP Support Assistant website

HP Support Assistant webpage with Download HP Support Assistant selected
  2. When the download bar is displayed at the bottom of the screen, click Save.

3. When the download completes, click Run, then follow the on-screen instructions. This might take a few minutes to complete.

4. When the installation completes, select Yes, then click Finish to restart the system.

5. When the system restarts, the HP Support Assistant  icon displays on the task bar. Click the icon to open the application.

If HP Support Assistant is working correctly, you are done.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry to be brutally honest but from the boilerplate you posted it seems apparent that you didn't bother reading my post, at least not carefully.

To repeat: HP Support Assistant does not appear in Programs and Features so I'm unable to uninstall it via that method.  Not only that, but the two programs that do show up in Programs and Features (HP Support Solutions Framework and HP Touchpoint Analytics Client) refuse to be removed because they claim that HP Support Assistant requires them!!!

Can you not see the predicament I'm in?  I have three HP programs that I need to remove but I can't get to first base. 

[You can ignore the other problem I raised (about HP Support Asssistant popping up to be updated) as I've managed to stop that happening now.]

HP Recommended

@Gerry0001

Download the Revo uninstaller tool and then check if it shows HP Support Assistant. Also, try uninstalling the HP Applications through the Revo uninstaller. Here is the link- https://www.revouninstaller.com/(This is a third-party link. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as this is a third-party link meant only for viewing information).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I downloaded the free version of Revo, which managed to remove  HP Touchpoint Analytics Client.  However, it also says it can't remove HP Support Solutions Framework because HP Support Assistant requires it, and, as with Windows Programs and Features, HP Support Assistant does NOT show up in the list of programs found by Revo.    

And not only that, but HP Support Assistant has now started popping up again prompting me to update it, even though I've stopped it in Task Manager and disabled it in Services.  

So I'm completely stymied.  I have a program (HP Support Assistant) that no uninstaller can find, yet when the uninstaller tries to delete another program (HP Support Solutions Framework) it fails because it says the first program (HP Support Assistant) requires it.

HP,  you can surely do better than this.  I wouldn't want to estimate how much I've spent on HP printers over the years or on the GENUINE HP cartridges that kept them running.  This situation is infuriating and intolerable and you must be able to tell me how to remove HP Support Assistant.  

HP Recommended

@Gerry0001

This requires remote assistance.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That's exactly where I started a week or two ago,.  All I can do there is key in a description of the problem and get all the answers I got a while back, none of which helps.

Isn't there a phone number I can call or a chat with a real person that i can initiate?  

Could  you PLEASE give me an option that will actually HELP me solve this problem?:  

HP Recommended

@Gerry0001,

You can get the contact details for support in your region from the below link.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.