Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It´s related to HP Support Assistant software.

I have 8 actualizations items pending to be included in the system.

When I chose some of these and I push DOWNLOAD & INSTALL, the software begins with the first one, open a new screen, and works fine until the item download is started, and looks like there is an eternal loop and the progress bar never go ahead. After some minutes, I need to stop process. Due to this situation, I have a lot of pending’s actualizations.

I will need some help, please.

Thanks.

By.

Sistema Windows 10 Home 64-bit.CPU Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz Sky lake 14nm Technology.

RAM  16,0GB Doble-Canal.

Placa base HP 2B4B (U3E1).

Gráfica   SMBX2231 (1920x1080@60Hz) NVIDIA Ge Forcé GTX 970.

Almacenamiento:

238GB SanDisk  (SSD)

931GB Seagate (SATA).

Unidades ópticas  Hp HLDS DVDRW.

Audio Realtek High Definition Audio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Pacoqui.

I believe everything should be fine.  When there are updates available you should receive a notification the same as in the past.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Pacoqui, welcome to the forum.

There has been a problem with HP Support Assistant.  I suggest that you uninstall it and reinstall the latest version from here.  There was a patch that was provided on 10/18.  You can determine if the patch was installed by following these intructions:

"You can determine if the aforementioned SysID patch has been applied to the system by making sure that productconfig.exe is => 8.3.2.1.  The file can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\productconfig.exe".

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I did what you have been suggested. In my case, productconfig.exe was marked with 8.3.2.1, 163 kb, and dated 10/12. However, I did software uninstall and reinstall. All this works fine. After that, productconfig.exe looks the same, version, size, etc. Running software again, I can see I have not any pending operation, any message, etc. Rest of data seems to be OK.

Is it normal, is it a new problem?

I will need some help, please.

Thanks.

By.

Sistema Windows 10 Home 64-bit.CPU Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz Sky lake 14nm Technology.

RAM  16,0GB Doble-Canal.

Placa base HP 2B4B (U3E1).

Gráfica   SMBX2231 (1920x1080@60Hz) NVIDIA Ge Forcé GTX 970.

Almacenamiento:

238GB SanDisk  (SSD)

931GB Seagate (SATA).

Unidades ópticas  Hp HLDS DVDRW.

Audio Realtek

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Pacoqui.

I believe everything should be fine.  When there are updates available you should receive a notification the same as in the past.

HP Recommended

Thanks, then I think the issue have been solved, and again, thanks a lot.

Pacoqui.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Pacoqui.  Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.