Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I've got the same problem. I've restarted Windows and even uninstalled three or four times and it still happens. It will work fine after installing but if you turn your computer back on the next day you're hit with the message again. There was an updated version a couple of days ago but it still happens. My ver. number is now 9.6.838.0

In other words, you have to keep your computer on after re-installaton. 

2020-11-06.png

HP Recommended

Thank you Xavier-M for your update on this matter! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Quick update for you all: We've triangulated the main issue and have already started our testing on the new version. We are still aiming to be ready by Monday. I will provide you all with the link with the new release and it will be a proper stable version for you guys. Thank you so much for your patience and stay tuned.

-HPSA PM

HP Recommended

For me, did a RESTORE POINT to a date I knew it worked. Immediately turned off HPSA AUTOMATIC APP update. Will run any updates I need manually. HP has been worthless on this issue. I work in IT, and problems arise, but at least acknowledge that the issue is being addressed. Just my two cents.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update Xavier. We are looking forward for to the new version.

Don
HP Recommended

I am hoping the HP PM reaches out to me as well. Two updates were prompted by HPSA on 3 or 4 November 2020, and there was no indication that installation was completed successfully. And then the SA would not launch successfully when called upon. Following HPVA instructions, I attempted to uninstall and reinstall HPSA, and new HPSA cannot be found in apps. HPSA still will not launch when called upon. Pop-up says I "need a new app to open this hpsupportassistant link." Says to "look for an app in the Microsoft Store." Nothing found there. Several sessions with HPVA to no avail. Unresponsive to my inquiries and my need to contact a human at HP. Help, please!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update.

HP Recommended

A few moments ago, Microsoft Store updated HPSA to version 9.6.839.0 and it started to work again!

HP Recommended

Can also confirm that it has updated through the store to version  9.6.839.0 and all is working well again! It also seems that there will be no need need to install the update manually if you still have the original version that updates through the Store.

HP Recommended

@Solidcancer07 -- After the mess with uninstalling and reinstalling HPSA the other day, I uninstalled it until HP came out with a new version.  So, I will need to get it from the MS Store.  Since it can't be found by searching the MS Store, do you know if the link you provided on page 2 is the new version?  There is no version number given.  Barring that, I'll just wait until the new link is posted in a few days.  Many thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.