Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Xavier logged onto my computer. I had installed all Windows updates, but because of corporate network restrictions, the HP Application Enabling Software Driver had not been downloaded and installed. He found the driver on HP's support site and installed it. Then re-installed the HP Support Assistant and it now works. Thanks, Xavier. 

Bart Bishop
HP Recommended

My pleasure Bart 🙂

@Ed-IL 's issue is also now resolved.

HP Recommended

Thank you much @xavier-m

HP Recommended

Xavier

i have HP Support Assistant version 9,6.839.0 installed on my HP Elite X2 G4 and it work fine. Starting from yesterday, HP Support Assistant appear on Microsoft Store whenever I Hit Download and Updates, it download and install the same version that I have on my system. The update is lopping every time I check for update in Microsoft Store.

The strange thing is downloading is very fast, and after installed, it stated version 9,6.839.0 which I already have on my system. It also stated that,HP Support Assistant is updated on November 7, 2020.

what is wrong again with HP Support Assistant?

Can you look into this problem and fix please. It is very annoying

HP Recommended

HI@warbrill, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for your patience. Those of you whose HPSA is working normally, please Do NOT take any further action as you are updated from store directly with v9.6.839.0.

Those of you who are still struggling with this issue:

1. Right-Click on your Windows Start Menu and click Apps & Features

2. Scroll down until you find HP Support Assistant

3. Click on Uninstall 

4. A dialog will appear for "Keep Preferences", Click No

5. Close any browser window that may open up.

Note: If you don’t currently have HPSA installed and are seeing that message "A newer version of HPSA is installed" Please proceed with step #6 below:

6. Go to our HPSA page: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

7. Before you click on the download HPSA button, press the Ctrl+R button on your keyboard to clear any browser cache. Then click on the download button

8. Once downloaded, open the file and continue clicking the Next button and let the installation finish. Once installed successfully, you should see a prompt "HP Support Assistant has been installed successfully"

9. Click on your start menu and type: HP Support Assistant or HPSA icon on Desktop and open the app and it should open normally as before.

If any of you see an issue with installation or following the steps above, please let me know here as I will be watching this thread every day for a while until I feel confident that everyone is now back to normal.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

The problem that I have now is explained as follow:

1. I have HPSA version 9.6.839.0 installed on my HP Elite X2 G4 and it work fine

2. Whenever I open Microsoft Store app, then go to Apps and Update, the Store will check for update and every time HPSA will show up as having update, then it will download  and 8nstall the update

3. After updated, HPSA will show up in the app list as version 9.6.839.0 which I already installed on m6 system, and it show updated on November 7, 2020 which is over a month ago.

4. Once I quit Microsoft Store app, and restart it, HPSA will show up and update itself over and over in loop. This problem started a few days ago

5. Can you look into this annoying issue and fix please. I think there must be some error about HPSA on MS Store.

Thank for looking into this issue and fix HPSA is quite unstable and should be fixed so tha5 it will work and trouble free

HP Recommended

HPSA show up as having update in loop in MS Store. I install i5, then close MS Store, then check for app and updates, again HPSA appear in loop. The version is still 9,6.839..0 which I have it on my system already, Help please this is annoying

HP Recommended

It’s version 9.6.839.0 on my system and as it loop on MS Store, also version 9.6.839.0 as well

HP Recommended

I am still experiencing the "Application enabling services currently unavailable" error.

Xavier-M has kindly offered to help, but from a practical perspective it seems we are in incompatible time zones. Could you point me to a place where I can download the services that HPSA requires to run and find instructions on how to install them? It's not a problem for me if some of the steps are "technical" in nature (like command shell command execution, registry editing, etc.); I'm comfortable with performing those.

HP Recommended

I too had the same problem and this procedure did not solve my issue.  I own a ZBOOK 17 G6 and the support assistant stopped work with the "Application enabling services currently unavailable" message.  I started searching many earlier posts and learned the Application enabling services is not a service but a driver like a device driver.  If it's installed, then one can see by opening the device drivers from the control panel and look under system devices for HP Application Driver.  My laptop did not have it installed.  Searched the HP web site could not find it, then I thought maybe it's enabled in the bios.  I rebooted the computer opened bios settings and under Advanced/System Options there is a check box at the bottom of the list that reads, "HP Application Driver".  Mine was not checked.  I checked (enable) it, saved the bios, and rebooted.  Behold support assistance worked without issue.  The first programmed support assistance updated was "HP Application Driver",  The newly installed driver is version 1.1.377.0 dated 4/6/2018.  I hope this post solves some else's problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.