Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 22-df0023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I opened HP Support Assistant to check messages and updates, I was asked to sign in. Entered my email address and then the password, hit enter. Then I was asked to do the same thing again, and again. I then uninstalled it. Restarted my desktop. Then installed it from the HP Support Assistant page. Restarted the my desktop. Opened HP Support Assistant and signed in, then signed in again, and again! It just keeps telling me to sign in! Help please!

Thank you for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I do understand what it is you are saying. I am by no means a computer expert, however I can assure you that I will ask additional questions to get clarification. Now, I am able to run a test and have passed. As of now I am still not able to log into the HP Support Assistance. I have done all that has been asked to try. 

I have a new issue now that is odd. The volume icon on the taskbar (on the right lower corner by the date and time) sometimes will not work.  Yesterday it did not but today it does.

I connected a Sceptre smart tv with a HDMI cable and use it as a second display. I followed all connection instructions. It is not hooked up to anything other than the all in one desktop (no cable tv or antenna). Is it possible this second display is not configured properly and causing problems? Again, I am asking question because I am not an expert and would like to solve the issues I am having. This all in one desktop is new, maybe 2 months old. 

Thank you for your time and help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
Can you take the test because I just checked
If the user is not logged in, it should work anyway
Other than that, I have no problem logging in, will you be using the HP account and ID?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello,

I just opened up HP Support Assistant and I am still repeatedly asked to log in. 

What test are you referring to? 

thank you for your time

HP Recommended

What test are you referring to?

when i opened the software i tried without being connected, no problem ..
If you open HP support assistant without having modified the parameters you must have a home page, at the bottom right, you continue as a guest

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have tried all test I thought would be of some help and so far all have test were passed. That is why I am so confused with the issue. One day I was signed in and the next I could not sign in. I have not had any other issues with the desktop. I did another uninstall and reinstall of the HP Support Assistant however the problem was still there. I may just do a refresh or a restore. Will let you know what happens. Thank you for all the help.

HP Recommended

Don't you understand what I'm saying?
I'm not telling you to do a multitude of tests available in hp support assistant ..
But to try the software without being connected
this is only necessary for certain functions, normally updates, it does not go normally

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I do understand what it is you are saying. I am by no means a computer expert, however I can assure you that I will ask additional questions to get clarification. Now, I am able to run a test and have passed. As of now I am still not able to log into the HP Support Assistance. I have done all that has been asked to try. 

I have a new issue now that is odd. The volume icon on the taskbar (on the right lower corner by the date and time) sometimes will not work.  Yesterday it did not but today it does.

I connected a Sceptre smart tv with a HDMI cable and use it as a second display. I followed all connection instructions. It is not hooked up to anything other than the all in one desktop (no cable tv or antenna). Is it possible this second display is not configured properly and causing problems? Again, I am asking question because I am not an expert and would like to solve the issues I am having. This all in one desktop is new, maybe 2 months old. 

Thank you for your time and help.

HP Recommended

You're welcome
I'm here for that too

For your other problem, in order not to mix everything up, and to keep it understandable, it is better to open another thread.
For hp support assistant, so you can use it without being logged in?

You have the account, hp, with your username / password, to log in here, so they work here.
When you log in to hp support assistant with these same credentials, what exactly is happening now?
for me no problem, and you are the only people I meet with this problem ..
It may be necessary to see this with HP directly, if I can not help you!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.