Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 520-1047c
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Windows Update is listing an optional update that is only identified as HP USB 5/3/2017 40.11.11.30.17123.  I have done a search of the web and the HP.com site but have found no information.  Where can I find a description of this update that will me more information about it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

so you trust MS to do this right.?

yes/no?

i have this turned off, once my HP drivers are good , I keep them. ( nor want the distraction or down time)

it is  your risk call and choice.

if you went to your HP support page, and the driver is missing there, that is HP new rule

that they dont provide it and only MS PnP servers are the only driver provided

this fact is tricky,  that HP shows no driver,  the missing line there, IS THE ONLY CLUE.

too bad they dont key the line there and then put (MS only on that line so folks can see what that means)

using blanks for facts is silly,  to me.

i will now read your support page for you, posted here like 1zillion times, this.

it came with w7/8

i looked and there are no HP 2017 updates there.

my guess is its the Intel south bridge chip USB. ports

and  that MS thinks you need a new Intel release,  south bridge driver,

why now ask intel this, or read their driver pages, good luck learning what chip is there, takes hard work with special tools .

turn off driver updates, and live  a life free of distractions from MS. (IMO)"endless it seems""

i looked at  intel.com there is no series, 6  2017 update, there, so where MS finds that, is the 8th wonder of the world?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/46644/software/chipset-software.html

i peaked in to your HP sp12345.exe file and the intel drivers are there as follows

Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family  (pnp data) so my guess is Intel upgraded , the series 6 glue  chip.

and the usb portions (2 version)

[Intel]
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D26.DeviceDesc%=INTEL_USB_2K,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E26
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D2D.DeviceDesc%=INTEL_USB_2K,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E2D

[Intel.NT.5.1]
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E26.DeviceDesc%=INTEL_USB2,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E26
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E2D.DeviceDesc%=INTEL_USB2,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E2D

[Intel.NTamd64]

watch out on older PCs back before 2008?

the mobo has  NEC (japan) usb 3 chip  and has its own driver,s too bet MS cant see chip classes in there  silly terse messgage... too bad for us.

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

so you trust MS to do this right.?

yes/no?

i have this turned off, once my HP drivers are good , I keep them. ( nor want the distraction or down time)

it is  your risk call and choice.

if you went to your HP support page, and the driver is missing there, that is HP new rule

that they dont provide it and only MS PnP servers are the only driver provided

this fact is tricky,  that HP shows no driver,  the missing line there, IS THE ONLY CLUE.

too bad they dont key the line there and then put (MS only on that line so folks can see what that means)

using blanks for facts is silly,  to me.

i will now read your support page for you, posted here like 1zillion times, this.

it came with w7/8

i looked and there are no HP 2017 updates there.

my guess is its the Intel south bridge chip USB. ports

and  that MS thinks you need a new Intel release,  south bridge driver,

why now ask intel this, or read their driver pages, good luck learning what chip is there, takes hard work with special tools .

turn off driver updates, and live  a life free of distractions from MS. (IMO)"endless it seems""

i looked at  intel.com there is no series, 6  2017 update, there, so where MS finds that, is the 8th wonder of the world?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/46644/software/chipset-software.html

i peaked in to your HP sp12345.exe file and the intel drivers are there as follows

Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family  (pnp data) so my guess is Intel upgraded , the series 6 glue  chip.

and the usb portions (2 version)

[Intel]
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D26.DeviceDesc%=INTEL_USB_2K,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E26
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D2D.DeviceDesc%=INTEL_USB_2K,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E2D

[Intel.NT.5.1]

[Intel.NTamd64]

watch out on older PCs back before 2008?

the mobo has  NEC (japan) usb 3 chip  and has its own driver,s too bet MS cant see chip classes in there  silly terse messgage... too bad for us.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.