Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP E271i monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to add a device in the HP Support Assistent, the HP monitor is not detected.

geen_monitor_in_HPSA_1.JPG

geen_monitor_in_HPSA_2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mardoek53

The HPSA detects PC and Printers.

The information is documented, though admittedly the restriction is not obvious when using HPSA.

HP Support Assistant 8.0 - Technical white paper

Partial Excerpt

My devices

Adding devices

You can add printers within your environment from My devices. This allows you to get information and updates for your PC and any attached printers. You can add printers within your environment from My devices. This allows you to get information and updates for your PC and any attached printers.  To add printers, click on Add a device from the My devices tab. After clicking on Detect my device, HP Support Assistant will scan for printers attached to your PC either by a cable or over the network. You will be able to select from a list of detected printers and type in a custom name, for example “My home printer”. After this step, you can scan for updates and messages for this device, finish without scanning, or add another device.

(Printer not detected?  Set Printing – Network Discovery)

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mardoek53

The HPSA detects PC and Printers.

The information is documented, though admittedly the restriction is not obvious when using HPSA.

HP Support Assistant 8.0 - Technical white paper

Partial Excerpt

My devices

Adding devices

You can add printers within your environment from My devices. This allows you to get information and updates for your PC and any attached printers. You can add printers within your environment from My devices. This allows you to get information and updates for your PC and any attached printers.  To add printers, click on Add a device from the My devices tab. After clicking on Detect my device, HP Support Assistant will scan for printers attached to your PC either by a cable or over the network. You will be able to select from a list of detected printers and type in a custom name, for example “My home printer”. After this step, you can scan for updates and messages for this device, finish without scanning, or add another device.

(Printer not detected?  Set Printing – Network Discovery)

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks.

HP Recommended

@Mardoek53

You are welcome.

For reference, the HP provides a Support Website for the monitor that includes a Driver, Troubleshooting, How-to sections and more.

HP EliteDisplay E271i 27-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.