Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 790-0025t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a windows 10 hp pavilion gaming computer and i decided to change it to windows 7, but when the computer started to downgrade the windows i lost power my mouse and keyboard. I changed the keyboard and mouse but i realized that they aren't working on windows 7 when i downgraded it. I tried to find the drivers for windows 7 but i am having trouble with finding the right drivers for the mouse and keyboard. Thank you :0

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Rithvik1

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are looking for Win 7 drivers for your computer. 

I'm afraid this computer was shipped with the Win 10 and that's why we only have Win 10 drivers listed on the website.

Are you using a wired or a wireless keyboard? The input devices are plug and play devices. You can connect a device and it is automatically recognized and configured to work in your system. 

Were there any automatic updates installed on the computer after downgrading the operating system? 

Let me know. 

To help the community find this post, click here to access our public post and Select - "Accept as solution", have a good day.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, i am looking for windows7 drivers and i used wired keyboard and mouse

HP Recommended

@Rithvik1

Thanks for replying. Please plug-in the Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check. Also, try connecting it to a different computer to check for the functionality. 

Let me know.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I used more than 5 different keyboards and mice to test and see if it would work in different ports. All of the mice and keyboard are functioning propery on other computers. I also used the mouse and Keyboard HP provided which didn't have and effect either.

HP Recommended

@Rithvik1

Thanks for replying.

I'd suggest you install the Win 10 on the computer as this is a driver issue. This computer is only tested with Win 10 and the drivers listed on the website are also for the Win 10. 

Here's a link for Win 10 drivers for the computer.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying

I need link for drivers for win 7 not win 10

HP Recommended

@Rithvik1

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I have sent you a Private Message with the details about the next course of action.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

To help the community find this post, click here to access our public post and Select - "Accept as solution", have a good day.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.