Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product number 6YQ50AA#ABA

Microprocessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz

System board 8653 A (SMVB) System BIOS F.11

Windows 10 Home v1909  64bit

Windows Firewall and Windows Defender

HP Support Assistant recommends I install OMEN Command Center.  I don’t have an OMEN computer and don’t know what this is.  It is for “overclocking” and “network boosters”.  I think it has to do with gaming. 

HP Support Assistant is also offering a Realtek Bluetooth Audio Driver that is an optional download.  This one is different from the one it previously offered three times and took back and said it was cancelled three times. 

Anyone think I need these things or know why HPSA thinks I do?  Hate to download stuff I don’t know what it is for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mpw101

Ignore the Omen Command Center and install the Bluetooth and LAN driver. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @mpw101

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the HP Support Assistant. 

Please try these steps -

1) In the search box, type and open "Apps & Features".

2) Look for HP Support Assistant.

3) Click on it to uninstall.

4) Restart the computer.

5) Install the HP Support Assistant from this link.

You may download and install the Software and drivers for HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0050 from this link.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I do not understand your reply.  I already have the latest HPSA v 9.6.598.0.   My question was not about HPSA.  

My question was about updates being offered by HPSA.  Particularly what is “Omen Command Center”?  I am not a “gamer” and I do not have a gamer computer.

I don’t know why I would want to install this.  It is recommended, not optional.  Do I need it?

HP Recommended

@mpw101

No, you don't need the Omen Command Center. Could you please send us a picture of the update? 

It could be a glitch, re-installing the HPSA should help. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The HPSA I am using is a fresh install done 6/10/2020.

This is the wired network controller I think:

Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller

I see it does have "gaming" in its name.

There is another recommended now for my WIFI: 

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter

Here is the picture:

Annotation 2020-07-22 095526.jpg

HP Recommended

@mpw101

Ignore the Omen Command Center and install the Bluetooth and LAN driver. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK.  Thank you.  Both installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.