Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 6005 Pro Desktop Computer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

CPU Type Athlon II X2 Computer Memory 16 GB Hard Drive Capacity 2 TB Operating System Windows 10 Professional Audio Card Type Onboard Bay Compatibility Option Graphics Card Type ATI Radeon Graphics Memory VRAM 128 MB Hard Drive Memory Type Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Installed RAM 16 GB Multi-Core Technology Dual-core Networking Capability LAN Processor Brand amd athlon ii x2 Processor Core Dual-core (2 Core) Processor Model amd athlon ii x2 Processor Speed 2.8 ghz, 3 GHz Processor Type athlon ii x2 Product Features 30 days microsoft office trial Speaker Type Included Built-in Standard Memory 16 GB Dimensions 15.0 In. X 14.0 In. X 4.0 In.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @LizardLady.

Here is the Illustrated Parts and Service Guide for the computer.  On Page 2 in the section titled "Other boards" you will find a list of the compatible video cards.  They will have to be low-profile to fit into the case.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LizardLady, welcome to the forum.

Is your computer a Microtower, Ultra-slim Desktop or Small form factor?  This will allow us to review the specifications.  Once we have this information we can give you a recommendation for a video card.

HP Recommended

Small Form Factor

power supply is 240W

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @LizardLady.

Here is the Illustrated Parts and Service Guide for the computer.  On Page 2 in the section titled "Other boards" you will find a list of the compatible video cards.  They will have to be low-profile to fit into the case.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.