Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline - 450-004ur
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I tried to ask the question: How to unlock BIOS or find out the password, or reset this password if it is locked by the manufacturer.

But it was locked According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

And the answer was: Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

But the problem is that I can't get help from HP support, because my warranty has expired.

What should I do to solve my problem with the locked BIOS?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hacking or cracking passwords is ILLEGAL here, as is the same at all OEM web sites on earth and by law.(ask)

or

try a new RTC coin cell

some PCs that never had any BIOS passwords ever, can go nuts and think there is one, falsely

due to simple dead battery,

NVram corrupts and BIOS goes nuts and PW is part of NVRAM too. not just TPM.

the battery make the NV of NVRAM work, battery dead makes NVRAM go to random 1s and 0's called scrabbled.

and never buy any PC locked,  like this.... did you?, nostory told , history not told, so ... answers will be weak or wrong.

put in new batteries there is no other answer legal.  same is true of all things with batteries, even elon musk. knows this well. 

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Hi, @daniilafendulov 

HP provides a link to the motherboard specs for your PC, and under the jumper section they show the clear CMOS and clear P/W jumpers in their default positions.

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Memphis2-S | HP® Customer Support

You probably have to move the clear password jumper with the PC off and unplugged, to the other pin, and turn on the PC with the jumper moved over to clear the P/W.

Then you put it back to the default position after turning off and unplugging the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.