Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1235 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to install a gtx 770 graphics card on my computer but it is consistently getting stuck on the first hp screen and then just freezes.  I researched it and saw that it could be a bios incompatibility and someone mentioned that updating the bios to version 8 might fix the problem however the update does not appear on the hp website.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Verify that the installed motherboard is a Jasmine.

You should be able to see which BIOS family yours is.

Verify that it is ROM Family 2AE0..

There is a version 8 available at HP support.  The enhancement is to improve UEFI code security.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_140765_1&swEnvOid=4059#tab2

Updating BIOS can be risky. If you decide to use the BIOS ROM file, you will have to accept full responsibility for the result.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Verify that the installed motherboard is a Jasmine.

You should be able to see which BIOS family yours is.

Verify that it is ROM Family 2AE0..

There is a version 8 available at HP support.  The enhancement is to improve UEFI code security.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_140765_1&swEnvOid=4059#tab2

Updating BIOS can be risky. If you decide to use the BIOS ROM file, you will have to accept full responsibility for the result.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The motherboard is in fact Jasmine.   Is the ROM family the same as the SSID?  It lists this spec on the website: "SSID: 2AE0"

when looking at the motherboard specs.  

With these two things checked off does it mean that my motherboard should be compatible for updating the bios to the newer version?

HP Recommended

@Cody1989 wrote:

The motherboard is in fact Jasmine.   Is the ROM family the same as the SSID?  It lists this spec on the website: "SSID: 2AE0"

when looking at the motherboard specs.  

With these two things checked off does it mean that my motherboard should be compatible for updating the bios to the newer version?

Yes.

HP Recommended

Will it still work with windows 10?  The website doesn't list that as a supported OS. 

HP Recommended

If it works for Windows 8, then it should also work for Windows 10. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.