Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wondered how to remove the Walmart startup item from the start menu of Windows 10 on HP or other computers. I found someone else with the same question, but HP locked the thread for replies.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-remove-WalMart-in-programs-l...

I did find an answer. Open File Explorer and go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs and you will see the list of programs in the start menu. Just delete the Walmart entry.

The trick is that when you look at the C: drive,  you won't find the ProgramData folder because it's hidden. To UNHIDE it, go to View at the top of File Explorer and select Options in the ribbon bar. In the Folder Options window that opens, select the View tab and select the radio button for "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". Select OK. Now look on the C: drive and you should see ProgramData and be able to go to the Start Menu as listed above and delete Walmart.

Please be sure to go back to hide the hidden files again, you don't accidentally delete something that is critical for the operation of Windows. Clearly, removing the Walmart entry is not critical to the operation of Windows and is simply bloatware.

Give me a thumbs up if you like the answer!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Or, within Windows Explorer, on the 2nd line of the window, type C:\Programdata and press Enter.

Much quicker than trying to "unhide" that folder-name.

Then, select the "Windows" folder.

Then, select the "Start Menu" folder.

Then, select the "Programs" folder.

Then, continue with the "delete" process, as above.

HP Recommended

@Itsmyname gives a good thought. Thanks! However, he made one small mistake and left out that you need to select the Microsoft folder before looking for the Windows folder. His point about unhiding folders is valid. To that end, this is probably more simple and safer: Press the Windows Key + R at the same time and in the window that opens up type "C:\programdata" and enter. It will open File Explorer in the hidden Progamdata folder and then you can go to Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs to find and delete the Walmart startup item.

HP Recommended

Hello
sorry I do not understand ...
how does that look ...?
In the start menu, you can delete programs displayed, that's nothing new ..
But we do not remove the program completely, we remove the program shortcuts
If you want to completely remove the program, you have to uninstall it, so is it possible through the menu started for this program.?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Promethee, please allow me to explain the situation further. If you were in this situation, it would make a lot more sense.

Walmart sells HP laptops with a Start Menu item named Walmart. It is a link that opens the default web browser to the Walmart website. There is no way to uninstall it. It's not a program. It's just a website link/shortcut/favorite that Walmart had HP stuff in the Start Menu. The ONLY way to remove it is to go to the Start Menu in File Explorer and delete the item. Since this is the ONLY place that it is located, it is the way we remove it. The problem is that most people don't know this and don't know how to remove it. That's why I posted.

As the venerable Paul Harvey would say, "And now you know the REST of the story. Good day!"

HP Recommended

Ok, I have already read this type of subject it seems to me!
strange practice, because it means that they modify the computer!
I did not see if it is with new computers, or reconditioned, but I find that limit anyway!
But in the end, if it's just an internet shortcut, it's not malware, it already is!
good catch @Icthus_Tech 

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.