Did you mean: 
Kirkking93
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

How to access Bluetooth on HP Windows 10 laptop

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with locating Bluetooth on my laptop. The "toggle, the virtual on and off switch, is missing in settings under "Bluetooth and other devices". When I click the add Bluetooth and other devices sign and click the Bluetooth option they give me there it still doesn't work. Under Device Manager, I noticed that the Bluetooth shortcut is missing there as well but if I scroll down something called Bluetooth device (rfcomm protocol tdi) is there. I click it thinking it's some type of alternative and gives me a message saying "Device cannot start (code 10). I looked in "show hidden devices" in my device manager as well and it wasn't there. I don't reallyScreenshot (169).pngScreenshot (170).pngScreenshot (171).pngScreenshot (172).pngScreenshot (173).png understand any of this. I've also attached some screenshots in sequence to give a visual of what I'm stating here. Tried to go to geek squad online but they wouldn't help me unless I gave them money. So I'm hoping there's someone here that can help me instead. I guess my last option would be to get something called a Bluetooth adapter. But my HP laptop is relatively new so I'm thinking Bluetooth should definitely be installed here. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you all for reading my message.

3 REPLIES 3
VIKASPASSI
Level 3
38 36 2 4
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Kirkking93

May I know your computer model number

Or you can try to reinstall the latest Bluetooth driver

until your hardware not installed properly , till  Bluetooth not able to work

so try once reinstall the latest driver I hope it will help you.

0 Kudos
Kirkking93
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello VIKASPASSI,

It appears my model number is 8332. Can you tell me my next steps based on this info?

0 Kudos
krzemien
Level 7
734 716 33 173
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check this thread out:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-disappeared-from-Device-Mana...

(Similar) issue remains unresolved, but there might be something in there that will point you in the right direction perhaps?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation