Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Monitor, HP, 27ea, 27" color
Linux

Hi,

(First, you don't have a category here for MONITORS.  So I'm not sure if I have this categorized properly here or not.)

My questions is this:  Given that there is only a windows driver available for the 27ea monitor, is there then an api  or something like it that can be used by those of us who have left the windows 10 mess (my generous characterization of Win-10) for the speedier and must more versatile GNU/Linux environment?  I'm running Debian 10.3.  And would like to have full control of my monitor.

I mean, I think, it can't be much of an api for this monitor.  Just need to know what are the things to write to it to get it to do it's things.

Any support that can be released to help this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-- H

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Elipitical 

The main reason no one has answered your post this long is that we here are not equipped to provide detailed Linux support.

I have several monitors connected to my desktop, running several different Linux distros, and the only monitor that does NOT work is the one connected through a USB adapter -- and that DOES need a driver, since it is not directly connected to a video output jack on the PC.  If yours is the same situation, you are likely out of luck, as I have tried numerous drivers for this monitor in Linux and NONE of them work.

Since HP does not provide Linux drivers, your best bet for Linux support is to contact the support forum for the Linux distro you are using.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.