Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPEnvy h8-1520t with pre-installed Adobe Elements
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HPEnvy h8-1520t came with pre-installed Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premier 11.  I do not have any documentation of the Adobe product serial numbers, that I am aware of.  I can still access the old system disk.  I would like to recover the Adobe applications to my backup PC.  Adobe tells me I can't do anythng without Adobe serial numbers and to ask my dealer to tell me how to recover in this situation.  I do have 4 system recovery CDs but their instructions seem to apply to a reinstallation to the old, dead PC, not necessarily how to recover the preinstalled programs.  Not sure about the email associated with this product registration (and not easy to see my profile) but this HP account is pretty old.  Email associated should be [Personal Information Removed]

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JMF4,

Recovery media is functional only with the original motherboard, and in some rare cases, the same size hard drive.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@JMF4 

In your thread, you mention "old, dead" PC -- which gives me the impression that you are dealing with two different PCs: (1) an "old,dead" one, and this one. Correct?

So, are you trying to essentially "migrate" the Adobe app that came preinstalled on the old PC to your new one?

IF so, this almost certainly will not work -- as (AFAIK) licenses for preinstalled software are special OEM versions that are tied to the original PC; not Retail licenses that can be moved from one PC to another.

Also, recovery media generally does NOT include the preinstalled software, so even if the disks did run on the new PC, they would not reinstall the Adobe preinstalled app that came with the other PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.